TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

links page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo (Aquapunk)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marscaleb wrote:
Lo (Aquapunk) wrote:

And at the end of the day, I don't subscribe to your belief that readers are morally obligated to broadcast what they consume anyways. That just seems silly to me.

I have no belief that one is morally obligated to "broadcast what they consume." Rather, this is just a logic result of enjoying something.

If there you love something, don't you want to see it flourish? To thrive?
That's all this is coming down to.

Your logic obviously differs from mine. :V

To split hairs, though, you really are implying a moral imperative when you use words like "love" and phrases like "don't you want to see it [do well]"? As though I am deliberately trying to thwart another comic's success by not linking to it (from the links page-- I haven't seen you address any of the other promo ideas).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
I just link to a thread on my forum from my about page, in which I keep the first post sort of up to date with a list of the comics I read...or more realistically, the comics I would read if I actually put in some time to sit down and read comcs. I put in a little text description with each one of why I like it.

Hm speaking of which I need to go and give it a good update and pruning!

Hey, this is a neat idea! Bet it would be easy to do with a blog's tag filter...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aglari wrote:

What I find much more interesting are influence maps, because its guaranteed to have a direct relevance on what you're reading, and can sometimes allow you to better enjoy what you're reading by shedding some light on the elements that make it up. Or it just gives you something else to look at that shares some aspect with what you're already reading.

Influence maps are pretty interesting, but I couldn't figure out how to put one up. Everything I've been exposed to influences me, and I don't exactly keep track of it that well. I could easily point to a couple items and remark hoe they have inspired me, but, it's unlikely I could find more than four.
Aglari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marscaleb wrote:
aglari wrote:

What I find much more interesting are influence maps, because its guaranteed to have a direct relevance on what you're reading, and can sometimes allow you to better enjoy what you're reading by shedding some light on the elements that make it up. Or it just gives you something else to look at that shares some aspect with what you're already reading.

Influence maps are pretty interesting, but I couldn't figure out how to put one up. Everything I've been exposed to influences me, and I don't exactly keep track of it that well. I could easily point to a couple items and remark hoe they have inspired me, but, it's unlikely I could find more than four.

Four seems like a good number to me, if I were to make such a page I don't think I'd go beyond six. Of course anything we see influences us in some way or another, but I'm talking about when you see something you want in someone else's work and actively make the effort to break it down, practice it, and assimilate it into your own style.

What I like to see is a small enough list that you can intimately explain why each item is there.
axonite
Needs to post more

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a links page because I like having a links page. If some comics I like happen to get occasional new visitors, that's good too! It does need occasional maintenance to remove long-dead comics or sites that no longer exist and add a few new ones, of course.

Z7 - PodWarp 1999
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: