TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new comic "The Narwhal Knight"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: My new comic "The Narwhal Knight" Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I am fairly new to the webcomic game, and have been looking for a forum to rest my weary head. I've tried a few other forums, but didn't feel very welcome there.

Anyways, I am trying to get my webcomic off the ground, but it isn't easy.

I would love love love you if you took the time to have a quick (or longer) look at it, and let me know what you think. What works? What doesn't?

I've talked to local real life people, and I've gotten positive feedback. Recently someone told me that they really liked the comic and that it was "witty, and had a great style". But I can't figure out how to get more readers!

Any advice anyone has would be amazingly helpful.

The site is: www.narwhalknight.com
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get a feel for the style, here is a flyer I made (and am proud of) for the comic:

mcmasters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it. Art's good, story is amusing. Long-winded little vampire character is funny.

Welcome to the forum! I'm fairly new here too (and to making a webcomic). Activity on the forum is somewhat slow but for the most part it is a thoughtful and helpful group.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
I liked it. Art's good, story is amusing. Long-winded little vampire character is funny.

Welcome to the forum! I'm fairly new here too (and to making a webcomic). Activity on the forum is somewhat slow but for the most part it is a thoughtful and helpful group.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com

Thanks for the feedback! Very much appreciated.

How do you promote your comic? Are you having much luck? Im at work right now so I cant check out your site, but I will when I get home for sure.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

narwhalknight wrote:
mcmasters wrote:

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com

Thanks for the feedback! Very much appreciated.

How do you promote your comic? Are you having much luck? Im at work right now so I cant check out your site, but I will when I get home for sure.

You're talking to the wrong person for that...I know there are some posts elsewhere on this forum that get into that so I would look for those, I know there have been a few links to sites that promote webcomics. I'm trying to meet people. Trying to get some collaborations going.
AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this comic is funny! And the art style kinda reminds me of Eastman and Laird. Maybe it's the textures? That flier is cool, but I might be a tad too "wordy" for a flier. But then again, perhaps not. I love their tee shirts on the flier though.

narwhalknight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndToBeLoved wrote:
Hey, this comic is funny! And the art style kinda reminds me of Eastman and Laird. Maybe it's the textures? That flier is cool, but I might be a tad too "wordy" for a flier. But then again, perhaps not. I love their tee shirts on the flier though.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Really glad you think it's funny.

I agree with the flyer, if I had my time back I'd do it a little differently. It's for a local Sci Fi con I'll be guesting at next month. Next year I'm going to go a different route.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do make up some t-shirts let me know...I want one!
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
If you do make up some t-shirts let me know...I want one!

Awesome!
MindChimera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story's pretty fun so far. Very Happy

I think the site needs some work though. You have a lot of really odd blankspace, and the wordpress login is in a strange spot. Other really minor stuff that'll help your site is if you put a <title> on the homepage and add a favicon.
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MindChimera wrote:
The story's pretty fun so far. Very Happy

I think the site needs some work though. You have a lot of really odd blankspace, and the wordpress login is in a strange spot. Other really minor stuff that'll help your site is if you put a <title> on the homepage and add a favicon.

Thanks for the advice, and I'm glad you like the comic!

I'm really bad with the technical side of things, and its an absolute miracle that the site looks at least passable haha

I will do my best to make those changes, they're all quite valid, but it may be a wall I can't climb.
narwhalknight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New page is up! Sort of a localized joke, but anyone who has ever lived near a bar or a busy street can relate.

Aglari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed what I read so far.

The art is cool, pretty aggressive camera angles and dynamic paneling and whatnot. I find myself pretty easily slipping into formulaic paneling with my own comics, but looks like you've managed to keep it interesting without sacrificing readability.

What do you draw it with?
hipopotamo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comic is a breath of fresh air. I like it!

The art is pretty good and the story is funny. I think I understand even the localized jokes.

Welcome

Cheers from the Hippo

narwhalknight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aglari wrote:
I enjoyed what I read so far.

The art is cool, pretty aggressive camera angles and dynamic paneling and whatnot. I find myself pretty easily slipping into formulaic paneling with my own comics, but looks like you've managed to keep it interesting without sacrificing readability.

What do you draw it with?

Hey, glad you like it! I've been playing around with different paneling and camera angles, and Im glad someone picked up on it and approved Smile

I just draw with a mechanic pencil, then ink it with various pens and markers, and add any gray tones in photoshop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: