TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'll draw your character for free :D (part 2!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roryseviltwin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: I'll draw your character for free :D (part 2!) Reply with quote

Well here we go again! I'm not currently running an active webcomic but since this is basically the only forum I've ever been involved in and actively lurk at I figured I post this here :>

Leave a reply on this post (or send me a pm if you're shy) and I'll draw one of your comic characters for you to use as guestart or filler or whatever! I love drawing for other people and have a lot of spare time to draw lately (since quitting the comic, haha!). All I ask in return is a link to my devART if you decide to post the art on your website.
If you visit my gallery you can see my style is all over the place, but for this I would draw you a regular lined and colored pic with maybe a simple background. You can give me some direction if you want (dynamic pose, sexy, badass, etc), and/or specify a specific style you like (normal, super deformed), otherwise I'll just do whatever I think suits the character best.

The last time I offered this I got many many many replies and couldn't get to every one of them, so here's a little disclaimer that replying won't guarantee a picture, sorry :<
Don't let that stop you though! I'm looking forward to drawing for you guys again, and thanks for reading!
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you offer this (even for free!), I'll be glad if you draw one of mine. Most popular characters in my comics are Medusa and Ariane, so if you got time you might do something of them (or maybe another character, if any appeals to you more.)

http://zodiakoverun.de/Steampunk00.htm
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=128506
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steampunk-Gorgon/122550571246813
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to see what you could do with Pete (and Susan). As he is he is basically a scribble and he rarely looks the same in two panels in a row- so plenty of room for interpretation! Thanks if you try mine. Jerry

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see what you'd do with any of the Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit characters please. Whatever kind of style or pose you want. I'd just love to see your take on them.

Blog
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as it is take and give, I do character sketches for other artists as well, (in return and sometimes just for fun) as long as it is agreeable in style.
Lady Tygry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My relaunch is on Monday: I definitely wouldn't mind some guest art to get the ball rolling in that gallery.

Here's the main crew:
http://www.ladytygrycomics.com/Pages/Xeno/Gecko.aspx
http://www.ladytygrycomics.com/Pages/Xeno/Tyger.aspx
http://www.ladytygrycomics.com/Pages/Xeno/Tobias.aspx

I can include the devart link at the bottom. I also have no problem if you want to watermark your link directly on the image=)

Kind thanks if you decide to do one and just for offering!
WriterWhoCantDraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...somebody should be paying you to draw. If I could afford it, I have a comic idea or two I'd hire you for!

Anyway, the comic I created and used to work on, Ardra, could use some guest art. The artist is having some family issues, so it's updating kind of sporadically right now. So you could give him and the current writer a nice little break. Maybe something in your normal style of Ardra and the girls? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'll bite if you are still doing this!

My characters are here, both as civvies and as heroine girls.

Any is the protagonist (and she has some fan-art already), but I'll be curious to see a take on the less developed character, Pato, or the overly cheerful Clau. Well, you are free to play and draw all my beloved Girls on your very nice style!

Thanks for the offer! I'll be sure to back link to your pages.

And if you're looking to do a comic, I have a new project that might interest you!

Cheers from the Hippo

Spencey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - how could I resist such an offer! I really like your artwork, especially the style you used for the "Booty" and "Happy Birthday Kitt" images on your page.

I'd be blown away and honoured if you drew Faye Strider from my comic Girls in Space. I would, of course, be more than happy to link to your deviantart page. Faye usually wears a red dress . A running joke in the comic is that Red's dress gets destroyed in most stories so if you wanted a challenge, you could draw her dress in shreds? However I'd be delighted with anything you would come up with.

I'll try to return the favour if you do get a comic up and running in future (he says, avoiding smbhax's eye contact to whom he still owes a piece of guest art!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Greedy wrote:
And as it is take and give, I do character sketches for other artists as well, (in return and sometimes just for fun) as long as it is agreeable in style.

Uncle, I'll do you if you do me. Wink
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
Uncle Greedy wrote:

Now it's a deal, although it is a bit difficult. I should add that I do crossover-fanart most of the time. (My characters meeting the other characters.)
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Greedy wrote:
mcmasters wrote:
Uncle Greedy wrote:

Now it's a deal, although it is a bit difficult. I should add that I do crossover-fanart most of the time. (My characters meeting the other characters.)

Alright, i finished mine, a quick one, I admit. As I don't want to post my picture into a thread of another artist, I uploaded the picture on deviant-art:
http://steampunkgorgon.deviantart.com/art/FanartWebcomicpeteWEB-363458085?q=gallery%3Asteampunkgorgon&qo=0

And don't feel offended by the gag, as I just thought it would be fun and I'm sure your fanart will look noway as shown in the picture.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'll be returning the favor.

And actually I have a couple comics coming up where we see Pete's artwork and it looks like what he drew in yours!

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
Cool! I'll be returning the favor.

And actually I have a couple comics coming up where we see Pete's artwork and it looks like what he drew in yours!

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com

Then I hope you do the fanart and not him.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Not a huge difference there brother.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum