TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New web comic: The Naturals!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: New web comic: The Naturals! Reply with quote

Hey guys! I just started up my second comic. If you wouldn't mind taking a look, please let me know what you think and please share it around if you like it! I currently write the story, my friend Ryan Lee (one of The Gutters artist) and his Brother Shawn Lee is doing the lettering for us.

The world wide war has ended. Lives have been taken and damage has been done. The war would not have been won without the Naturals, a group who've mysteriously been granted super powers. A young man named Layton has manifested powers the same time Naturals are being found murdered. Why has Layton been selected, and more importantly –will he be hunted next?

http://www.thenaturalscomic.com/hello-and-welcome/

Thanks!
uno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Unfortunately there isn't enough material to comment on the story or dialogue, but I guess that's just a question of time. Smile Anyway! I love the detailed art so far - it's kind of a cartoonish realism, I like it a lot. The use of colors is very atmospheric.
The speech bubbles don't seem to match the overall style, but that's a minor issue at best and depends on the viewer. (I generally prefer outlined speech bubbles.) It certainly wouldn't keep me from reading on.

Nice work! Please make more! Smile
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking it out. I just launched it last week. There will be a new page up on Thursday with a little more action to it. There's going to be over the top violence and even some steam punk.

Thanks for your thoughts on the lettering. We are still in the "growing pains" phase.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking with Ryan lately about possibly dropping some bonus pages in the next few weeks to try and speed things up. The comic was originally going to be print only but we figured we'd try and build a readership via the web first.

SOOOO Keep checking back every Thursday and we will let you guys know when we will post bonus pages!
ZUKAHNAUT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I love it and I'll be checking it out every week. Always had a soft spot for the All-Winners Squad and the Invaders and anything similar to them!
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words, well try not to let you down!
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you keeping up with the comic.. Here's this week's page. a little more is starting to happen. Sorry if it's slow.

http://www.thenaturalscomic.com/05naturals-color-rt-04flat-150/#respond
MindChimera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, your file sizes are HUGE! I'd suggest making the comic pages smaller and/or changing the file type to .png. I also think the dialogue is a little small for the size of the panels, I'm having trouble reading it from your main page.

I love the art and the site design looks really great. Very Happy I agree with uno about the story/dialogue that there isn't enough to judge it though.

It takes me ~10 seconds to load the comic, which is a deal-breaker for me. It definitely looks good but I wouldn't be able to read it like this. Sad Sorry.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you reading it with? If you click the page it gets larger. My artist is working on the file format to help speed load times up.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the site is being worked on to increase the load time issue.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading it on a Windows 7 desktop computer, and my monitor is 1680x1050. Clicking the picture barely increases the size for me; the best option I've found is to view the image alone, but that isn't very user-friendly.

I suppose I was focusing on the movie text before; the black/white speech bubbles look fine. But the orange bubbles are very hard for me to read.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. We've got the file sizes lowered, Ryan beefed up the lettering and also fixed the orange on the word balloons. We will be swapping the files out shortly. Thanks again it helps with getting over the growing pains.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check the load times and font on the pages. The site was worked on last night so hopefully it's more enjoyable.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot better! It's much faster now. Very Happy I hate to be a pain about stuff like that, but to me that's the sort of thing that will drive me away in the first two seconds of clicking a link, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I've added it to my feed.
Meeuwesings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Glad it's working now. It's you guys that will help us shape the site to everyone's needs and make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone! Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: