TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking advice on seeking an artist...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a very straight-forward presentation. I didn't see any warning flags that you usually see in this kind of proposal- you know, the one's where you think "Geez, if you can't write a post, how are you going to be able to write...?"

There isn't enough revealed in the story to get me salivating (if I were an artist considering the job) but I suspect the problem is you don't want to throw too much out there if you feel you have a really original or interesting premise. Understandable, and I don't have an answer. I would say it's enough to make me contact you to get a fuller summary and some sample chapters.

The philosophy section concerns me a bit. It reads a bit quirky, as if you're dancing around something. "The story doesn't push a certain ideological agenda...except it does!" My understanding is the story is going to have an anti-big brother mood, and getting involved with an artist of opposite inclinations could be a headache later. Could be. But anyway my two cents is the "philosophy" section isn't as clear as the rest of your proposal.

Good luck! jerry

www.mcmasterscomics.com
JohnK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Jerry. I think you're right about the story section. A little more detail wouldn't hurt.

In the philosophy section, I'm not quite sure I see what you do. I think it is pretty clear in stating that it is an anti-authoritarian comic, and unless you have the same attitude you may not be interested. I'll look over it again.

Thanks again.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say John have you considered writing it out as a novel? If it gets published or even if you self-publish that would surely make it more attractive when pitched as a comic.
JohnK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd like to put the pen down on this one soon. I've put a lot of time into it and feel it's almost there. There's too many other stories I'd like to write, ya know?

It would definitely be an easier sell to an artist, but anyone interested is welcome to read the script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum