TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Group WebComic Opportunity...Help Wanted!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ty0005

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Group WebComic Opportunity...Help Wanted! Reply with quote

Hi Friends! I am currently new to this great forum, so first off, So glad to be apart of the community!

Now to the matter at hand...
I've been creating for a few years my story for a webcomic. It has changed many times and gone down many different paths over the few years. At this point, I've finally fleshed out enough of my story and characters that I'm ready to start illustrating.

Now this is the part I hope you'd like to help join in! I thought it would be a great and interesting Idea to let any talented or interested people to take part in this story with the help of their art. Now, I'm willing to help illustrate as much as needed but I want to create a world anyone can be apart of with their art and passion.

If there's enough interest from a group willing to help take on this project with me, then I will be happen to give you what Idea's/story I have and would love to hear what idea's you might have to enrich this tale!

Thank you all for the time!
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a very friendly, positive request for assistance. Now here's the bad news, and I want you to keep in mind that I bear you no animosity; I'm just laying out the brutal facts the way they exist.

You posted this in the wrong subforum. The "Dogpile" sub is the place where requests for assistance/contractors go. This is a minor quibble, but it suggests that you didn't take the time to understand the layout of the forum, which may be off-putting to some.

You'd be better served to start illustrating your story on your own, or to hire a paid artist to do so. Offering artists—especially the busy professionals here—an opportunity to illustrate your complete, fully fleshed out story with no mention of payment is often perceived as an insult to the artists' craft. (cf the above-mentioned subforum for examples)

You posted no examples of your script or even a synopsis of your story. It's easy to understand that one might be afraid someone else might steal their idea, but that fear must be weighed against the necessity of allowing potential collaborators the knowledge of what they'd be agreeing to.

There is an excellent post with guidelines for requesting a collaborator/artist-for-hire here. You should probably read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: