TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Most Sincere Salutations!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kleit0s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: My Most Sincere Salutations! Reply with quote

Sorry, was that a bit much?

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself: I am Kleit0s, amateur writer, cartoonist, and all-around starving artist. I am 25 years old, and I live in Arizona. My hobbies include writing, drawing, videogames, and arts and crafts. My favorite authors are H.P. Lovecraft and Christopher Paolini. My favorite movies are Crouching Tiger; Hidden Dragon, Die Hard, and Iron Giant. My favorite music genre is classic/80s rock, and my favorite bands include Queen, Journey, and Def Leopard. My favorite videogames are Monster Hunter 4U, Persona 3, and Shadow of the Colossus. My favorite graphic novel is Bone. (All of it) My favorite webcomics are Dominic Deegan and Sandra and Woo.

I still live with my mom, but I have found solid work in the form of a part-time position with a moving company, which has me working from home 5 days a week answering phone calls. (I get calls from ALL OVER the country, and even some from Canada. It's an... interesting line of work.) Soon I hope to be able to afford my own apartment, economy willing.

I joined this forum because some people have a lot of dreams, while others have a lot of artistic talent. I was blessed with an abundance of the former, but no great knack for the latter. I mean, I GET art (in theory) but whenever I try to draw it myself, the thing I imagine in my head winds up looking a heck of a lot better than the chicken-scratch on the page. This is especially frustrating because my dream is to one day make my own graphic novel. Fortunately, I'm a pretty good (or perhaps just decent) writer, so the "novel" half isn't really an issue. My problem is with the "graphic" side of that equation.

So, here I am, looking for an artist seeking a writer who doesn't expect me to do a lot drawing in a profession where 80% of the job descriptions require inking and/or coloring. I'm not saying I don't have a lot to offer; I've filled stacks of sketchbooks, notebooks, and word documents with concepts and ideas, short stories and possible timelines. I've written things that could be mashed together into a shared universe, or spun off into individual properties. (I'm flexible like that.) I have a couple of pet projects that have never seen the light of day, but occupy entire volumes of journals and notes. I even use sticky notes on my rough drafts, so my notebooks are packed to maximum density with details, side-plots, and possible character arcs.

I have also never, ever been published. At all. In any capacity.

I harbor no illusions. I am an untested, unknown, inexperienced wannabe. I also have great love and passion for this medium. I am a quick study, a stickler for details, and a bit of a grammar nazi. (I also use Oxford Commas. You got a problem with that?) My areas of expertise include grammar, punctuation, sentence fluency, and continuity. I absorb details like a sponge, and will not hesitate to regurgitate random information with little or no provocation. I'm also fond of serendipitous alliteration. (Seriously, I can't stop. Send help!)

If there are any artists out there who are just as insecure about their writing as I am about my drawing, then I'd love to meet you! I don't really have any money, in fact I can barely afford the internet for this crappy laptop I'm using. However, if I think for even one minute that your art style would be a match for any of my ideas, I will work my giant nerd ass off to make sure you have characters to draw, plots to follow, storyboards to read, and secret details to hide. I WILL GO FULL GRAVITY FALLS IF I MUST. I AM THAT INSANE. For anyone else looking to add a writer to their staff, or even an editor, proofreader, etc., I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. If you already have an idea but just want someone to give a second opinion, I'll be there! If you don't mind some random schmuck no one has heard of criticizing your work, then I certainly won't hold back. It's kinda one of my faults. Seriously, if you ask me to I will rip into your piece with absolutely zero sense of self-awareness. That's just how much I care. (That is, I care about your work that I'm criticizing, not that I care any great deal about ripping into it. Okay, maybe it makes me feel a little giddy to point out the flaws in others, but I'm not a jerk, alright?)

Ok, I'm rambling now. TL;DR: if you're relying on a TL;DR, then maybe you should rethink your choice of website? Anyway, I write stuff, but I don't really draw stuff. WIL RITE 4 ARTEST. KLEIT0S WANT WEB COMECK!
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! ^_^ You could check out "The Dogpile" board here, that's the place to post about collaborating with other members! : D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice!

Since I'm in the business of establishing some sort of reputation, does anyone know a good site where I can submit short stories for peer review? I've got a dozen of them, and I can make stuff up at the drop of a hat, so I'd like to try writing one or two of them a week and putting them where people can see them.

Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: