TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web comic reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmasters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess a large part of my peevishness comes from the reviews having a sub-part called "funny?" As in, let me tell you if it's, objectively, funny. Which is ludicrous. How about, as you suggest, "Why I thought it was funny:" And then explain, and explain why you thought it wasn't if that was the case.

I haven't done a links page yet and have been dwelling on how to handle it...I have friends, and I have webcomics I like...and they ain't always the same. I'll post this without seeing your links video or taking in your exact method, but I'm going to look at it in more detail. You have clearly taken the time to give it some thought.
LifeInPanels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for my comics to be reviewed!
http://www.facebook.com/LifeInPanels
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
You have clearly taken the time to give it some thought.

My biggest thought was really just "Links pages on other webcomics look ugly!"

Followed by "I can't find button-banners in the same size for all the webcomics I want to list!"
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencey wrote:
Call me a cynic if you must (go on, I know you want to), but usually in my experience the reviewer only selects webcomic sites with lots of traffic because they want the creator of the comic to then post something saying "my webcomic was reviewed (here) go and have a read!". The reviewer's site then gets a load of traffic. So, they review another popular comic and repeat to fade.

Well it occurred to me right off (and I didn't have a problem with it) that it was primarily a content exchange, I link/you link back. But it didn't occur to me that they would only respond to popular high-traffic comics. That's understandable but slimy.
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencey wrote:
The suggestion box thread had an interesting proposal regarding round-robin critique threads. If there is a demand for it (and I guess this thread proves that there is) maybe the forum should have something along the lines of a 'critique the comic above you' topic, so you get feedback ...but only after giving feedback! I would suggest two flavours: one for a 'quick critique' ie 200 to 500 words (to provide feedback on say, the last 5-10 strips/pages) and another for a more 'in-depth critique', over 500 words (to provide feedback on an entire body of work to date) and where the reviewer is willing to put some work into giving an appraisal. Whatchoo think, chums?

Yes! This sounds like it could be a great idea. I think a lot people are still just hanging around on this forum to try and get some feedback on their work. This might be a good way to get everyone a bit more involved with each other? Maybe? Quid pro quo. I think it's worth a shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: