TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bind Date Comics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Bind Date Comics Reply with quote

So the title of one of TTallan's comics gave me an idea for a jam. Not sure how to implement it though. The basic idea would be a character from two comics on a date written (and drawn?) by a third author...

Actually, I think I've got it: Character 1 comes from the last artist's comic. The current artist has no horses in the race. Character 2 comes from the comic by the next artist. All authors give permission for their character to be used here and as guest-art filler on the three sites.

I'll volunteer any of my characters except Persephone (she's four) for the first date. Any takers?
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested but I guess my hesitation would be handing over a character to be drawn (not really a problem) and written about (big problem) by some third party. Even though I have about 0.0 readers, I'm probably as possessive about my characters as anyone.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Gar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this:

Everyone posts a short bio for the character they want to submit to the 'dating pool'. If we want to incorporate a third player, somebody could play matchmaker and say who's going out with whom, and what the activity is. Then players can co-write the dates as short crossover events with each character appearing in the other's comic.

Scripting would be fun as you could just role-play your characters at each other for a while and then edit it down to the funniest bits Smile

The main human in my comic, Alice, has been single for a while now, so a dating game sounds fun. She's a straight white woman in her early-to-mid twenties and dresses like a 90's punk. In terms of character she's kind of like a less-intense Dean Winchester from Supernatural, only female and obsessed with cats instead of demons. She's unemployed and lives with her roommate Ellen and her two cats, Neko and Keno. She reads a lot, and likes it when things are 'metal'. She's an ordinary human, but lives in a world of magic which she blithely accepts.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gar my two main characters are married but they have a 16 year old daughter Audrey...perhaps she could get together with Alice for some reason and the two of them could go run into some character or two from somewhere else. Audrey would love to babysit your cats! Pete has a cat but it's a comic in my buffer for next week or so.

---

www.mcmasterscomics.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Jams and competitions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: