TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Past Perfect - a new sci-fi comic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Past Perfect - a new sci-fi comic Reply with quote

Past Perfect is the story of two runaways a long way from home and their adventures through time and space. While visiting planets, solving mysteries and blowing up things left, right and center, all they truly want is to get home.

We kicked off this new sci-fi story comic at the start of the year, and we're finally getting ready to put it out there. We have a very large story ahead of us, but we're very excited to start telling it and to find a loving audience for it.
The comic is a collaboration between Mira Gryseels, the artist, and Jeroen Willemse, the writer, two creative folks from tiny Belgium.
Updates come twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

You can start reading at the beginning here.

Website • Facebook • Tumblr
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for January 22nd!
We've updated! Things get heated between the two adventurers on our latest page...

Check it out, and leave us a comment. We love to hear your thoughts!

afterthedream

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a watercolor painted webcomics before, so you get style points for that. The medium works well with the desert landscape, and I'm interested to see how you pull it off with other environments. I don't have much to say about the story since it's so few pages to analyze at this point, but I'll be checking back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afterthedream wrote:
I've never seen a watercolor painted webcomics before, so you get style points for that. The medium works well with the desert landscape, and I'm interested to see how you pull it off with other environments. I don't have much to say about the story since it's so few pages to analyze at this point, but I'll be checking back.

Thank you! We know there's not a lot to go on so far, but we're trying to get to the good stuff quick enough. It might take a while before the story fully takes shape, but that's because we have a few things to introduce first.
Mira's watercolours are a joy, it's very exciting to watch her drawing - and especially coloring. She told me a few days ago that she actually painted the entire page yellow before doing anything else, which I hadn't realised. Either way, keep reading, there are some changes coming up!

Update for January 29th!
And here's today's update - the adventurers reach a city in the desert. We're super excited about this page. It's another one of our favorites from the first chapter.

Check it out, and let us know what you think.

afterthedream

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow... that's my favorite page so far. The crazy architecture for some reason brought to mind for me the old game Psychonauts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? I've heard the name of that game a couple of times but I've never played it myself. It sounds like something I might enjoy, though.

Update for January 31st.
We have another update for today - our adventurers enter the city.

Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for another post of this week's updates! Let us know what you think!

Update for January 5th.
Where are they even taking that girl?

Update for January 5th.
Uh-oh. Something going on in this city. I don’t trust it.

Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for February 12th.
There's a new page! I hope you're as excited about reading this new page as we are about you reading this new page. Let us know once you've read the page if it was worth reading the page (we are assuming it was worth reading the page).
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! I haven't posted about an update in a while!

(Update for February 26th!)

So make sure you read today's page and let us know if you've enjoyed it.
If you need to play catch-up, feel free to start reading from the beginning!
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been updating steadily for the past few weeks. About time to make another post!

Update for March 12th!
We hope you like space, explosions, and time travel, because this page has all of those things...

enginecomic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Hey great work! Reply with quote

Just found and caught up with your comic. The style is unique, versatile, and fun, good character design and some really nice writing. I'm hooked. Lookin forward to more.

William

www.enginecomic.com
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey great work! Reply with quote

enginecomic wrote:
Just found and caught up with your comic. The style is unique, versatile, and fun, good character design and some really nice writing. I'm hooked. Lookin forward to more.

Thank you for the compliments! Mira and I really appreciate it! We're both still trying to learn how to really use the comic medium as best as we can. I'm really happy about some of the pages I write, but some of them don't do it for me... and then sometimes she'll think the exact opposite, which is really neat.

We have a new page today as well!

Update for March 19th!
After last week's look into the future, Val Sun only has more questions to ask...

Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

A new page! And it's the last page of the first chapter as well! That means you can read it in one go now. The perfect time to catch up.

We have a special guest comic by a great friend coming up on Thursday, and then chapter two starts on Tuesday.
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for April 2nd!
Alright! Time to start the second chapter with a great big change of scene: we are now on Earth!
Jeroen Willemse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for April 16th!
A friendly reminder that we're two weeks into Chapter Two by now! Make sure to catch up! We're still on planet Earth and this alien is causing quite a stir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: