TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommendations for an accurate/responsive drawing stylus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afterthedream

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marscaleb wrote:
I got one like that too, but I have no problems with its size. IT all depends on how big of a stroke you are drawing, I guess, but I never draw a line that's longer than four inches, I suspect not even ones longer than three.

I THOUGHT I was having problems with lines coming out super-jagged if I was zoomed out too far on the image, but it turns out this was just software. Sometimes GIMP won't use the tablet properly; it reacts as if it were the mouse. When this happens I don't get pressure sensitivity and the lines have tremendous stepping. But when the tablet is working properly it smooths the lines out and I don't have stepping.

Thanks, that's good to know. I don't have the scratch for Photoshop, so I'm using the free, slightly derpy, clone from Paint.NET. The linework for ATD is done by hand and then scanned in, but it would be fun to play around with actual tablet drawing some day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you're using a program that REALLY knows how to work with the tablet, and doesn't just treat it like a mouse, it is quite accurate.
Remember, the tablet can sense where the pen is when it isn't touching it. I'm pretty sure the tablet gets a lot of its precision by sensing exactly how close it is to its various sensors, delivering an analog measurement for higher accuracy.

I don't know this for sure, but it just seems reasonable to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: