TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throwing a pity party
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think: until I figure that out, I'll just jam both pages together into one picture, which I do. Then I upload that and it works...except it comes in twice! Then I try to fix that, now no comics are showing up. Something to do with "multiple files on the same date" and when I click on that it shows the page or pages I put in already...won't let me delete everything and start over.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that problem's solved. Today's a new date so whatever was halting the process yesterday doesn't matter.
Valgrim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still need help you can email me valgrim1333 at yahoo dot com. I just went through the process of getting this stuff to work.

One thing I would suggest is a program called Artisteer. You can create your own themes with relative ease. It's seriously moron poof (no offense). The only caveat is that to use your theme you may have to use Easel in place of Comicpress. I'm using Easel atm and it's great.

Anyhow good luck with your endeavor either way. Smile

-Tom
mcmasters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks I'll probably take you up on that. I keep coming up against little "duh" things but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'll take a look at Artisteer, but whoever thinks it's moron-proof hasn't met me!

General question: What are the merits of Easel over Comicpress, and is switching to Easel as simple as just changing themes? Does what you already have in comicpress just switch over?
Valgrim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmasters wrote:
General question: What are the merits of Easel over Comicpress, and is switching to Easel as simple as just changing themes? Does what you already have in comicpress just switch over?

Easel allows better integration with themes other than Comicpress themes. I found Comicpress to be inflexible in comparison. With Easel you can just add shortcodes to the theme of your choice and you're in business.

So for instance if you end up using Artisteer to snazz up your page you will have to use Easel for the comics. I went with this solution because I am lazy and didn't feel like wading through a bunch of CSS to get my page the way I wanted it when I could take ten minutes with Artisteer and bam it's done and it matches my theme for my homepage. http://studio.dissentient.org.

To change over you can download a plugin specifically made for the switch. Also here are some tutorial videos on the process.

http://comiceasel.com/tag/comicpress/

Also wanted to add that it takes time to understand web pages. You're going about it the best way there is. By jumping in and doing it. Don't give up. You'll get better as you learn more and more.

-Tom
mcmasters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know if in comicpress the bar at the top with the links can made to NOT automatically show the pages that it is the parents of? To explain: I want to have a link on the bar called "other comics" that when you click and go to that page, there will be links going to other pages. But I want the links to only be accessible FROM THAT PAGE not dropping down menu-like from that link on the main bar.

When I ADD PAGE it asks what the parent page will be; no matter what I put it puts it somewhere on the front page bar. ("nesting")?

Thanks, jerry

Tom- thanks but for now Artisteer looks over my head and I guess I'm making enough headway in comicpress to stick with it rather than switching to easel.
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay let me just switch this to a "yes" or "no" option.

In comicpress, on the front page bar with links, is there a way to have it so that it does not show all links (either on the bar or nested within links on the bar)? If so, is it something simple that doesn't involve code manipulation?
mcmasters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay nevermind I think I got it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum