TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help finding this 80's cartoon..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Need help finding this 80's cartoon.. Reply with quote

Okay, I remember a cartoon I used to watch as a little kid.
It was an anime from the 80's and the main characters lived on a spaceship. It featured a young couple - the woman was a redhead and usually wore a red shirt and white pants; the guy was dark-haired - don't remember him very well; and there was this 12-year old boy whose father was away and they used to communicate with each other (father and son, I mean) through a hologram. I think they had a dog too, but don't quote me on that.
I can also remember that the spaceship had its own intelligence(and name) and it could talk.
I can only remember this sequence with the boy's birthday where his father made him a gift where he's earned knowledge; he was floating in an open space with all sorts of images of historical figures(Einstein was among them) and The Beatles - 'All you need is love' was playing in the background.

Maybe someone remembers this cartoon with the little bits I gave; sorry, don't remember more from it ^^; But maybe the song will hint you something. Very Happy
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, That reminds me of an 80's cartoon that I was looking for. Probably not the same one.

Mine was Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. It had a flying, talking ship thing, a red-haird girl, a dark haired man, a boy, an android woman, and two ardvark things. No dog and no hologram that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure there were no Beattles, but I only ever saw two or three episodes.

Here's the into sequence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48NaLR8V9fE
You can see the ship at time 1:31

To find mine, I had to remember it was on Nickelodeon in the 80's and traced back trough a list of all the cartoons which they had in the 80's.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know Spartakus very well, but that's not what I've been looking for.
Yeah, there are some similarities, but yet many differences: these guys travel inside the Earth, while the ones I'm asking about travel in space.

It was an anime(Japanese) show and the protagonists were all human form what I can recall.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember any character names?
nsanelilmunky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried searching retrojunk yet? link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: