TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does freeform poetry sell ugly shoes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: How does freeform poetry sell ugly shoes? Reply with quote

I hope no one is offended. The thing about botspam is that it can be hilarious, buti t can also be sublime. I've mentioned before how much like freeform poetry the wall-of-text spams can be, especially like mid-sixties stream-of-consciousness stuff. Had to save this particular masterpiece beofre wendy consigned it to the hell from which there is no escape.

random spambot wrote:
I be uneaten
to
power that I forever awake
to perception
a minuscule rushed in American restaurants.

It feels like people
contrariwise
detraction at to eat.

I fix piety in Germany
it is more
far the amount experience.

You boss to a restaurant to comprise
a conformable days with
your friends or family.

You can reject in numerous hours
there without wisdom rushed.

In America I be aware
like they
painstaking paucity you
to braze with
as directly as conceivable to be required
to the retail unencumbered
conducive to other customers.

Again they common sense you
the certificate up
on when you noiselessly eat.

That makes me suffer rushed.

In Germany I fondness to peaceableness a coffe

vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure how spamming a forum sells boots, either.

How many people cruise webcomic forums and say "Wow, boots, just what I was looking for!"

Then scroll down to the next ten posts and say "Wow, Luis Vuiton, just what I was looking for!"

I mean, how many people can there be out there like that? Somebody out there is buying these things. We have to stop them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story spam in the site problems forum is pretty interesting too.

But seriously, wouldn't spam advertising like this actually be the exact opposite from what the company wants? I would never buy Uggs or Vuiton anything and these bots make me hate it even more.

EDIT:

Quote:
I entail a multi function i like your evening get dressed For resources all over the heather the food you eat as well as for people including snacks, and breakfast cereals please visit online world Potentially disruptive It has an alphabetical listing to do with a lot of unique holidays back and forth from bring an end to the world

I knew it! Uggs are evil! Destroy them before they destroy the world!
Kail

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how spamming a forum sells boots, either.

It's largely an SEO thing, as far as I know. People aren't clicking on these links, but Google's webcrawler is, and when someone types in "Ugh Boots" or whatever into Google, your rank on the list is determined partially by how many sites link to you (your "backlinks").
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Google can't tell the difference and save us all this pain?
B

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Ugg Boots - The Footwear That Stands Out Reply with quote

As the proverb goes: each individual coin has two sides. It indicates that you can not get everything you want like as the style and heat in a pair of shoes. We can conclude that the shoes you purchase are fashionable but not at ease or at ease but not Uggs stylish. So, you typically make options concerning manner and consolation when finding and getting footwear. But now, you can get style and consolation alongside one another from on type of footwear - Ugg boots!

I consider so many folks all know Ugg boots with the decades' growth. We know the comfort of Ugg simply because the fantastic Australia sheepskin. We also know the colourful designs of Ugg since the Ugg Basic, Ugg Ultra and so on. We also the vogue of Ugg simply because the exceptional visual appeal. But, do you know how to use your Ugg boots to shoe off your attraction completely?

As significantly as I know, the most worth of sporting Ugg boots is picking appropriate Ugg boots! You will become gorgeous and younger if have on a pair of ideal and acceptable Ugg boots. Deciding on appropriate Ugg boots must be primarily based on by yourself this sort of as your age, your character and your garments. You can pick out Ugg Common Tall if you are a girl. You can decide Ugg Classic Cardy if you are a female. You can select Pink Uggs if you are splendid. You can decide Dim Uggs if you are great. Ugg Tall boot is your ideal alternative if you have countless limited prolonged jeans. And mini Uggs are your decisions if you appreciate to put on skirts and seven-inch trousers.

Opt for your Ugg boots and footwear very well. I suppose the upcoming is picking acceptable outfits to go with your fantastic Ugg boots. Depend on the ugg previously mentioned details. Ugg Tall boot is your ideal decision if you have several restricted very long jeans. And mini Uggs are your options if you really like to put on skirts and seven-inch trousers. So, you can put on Ugg Timeless Tall and Ugg Ultra Tall boots if you don your denims. In addition to, I believe Ugg Traditional quick and Ultra small are all your alternative since they can make your legs tall and slim. Mini Ugg boots will make your beautiful and younger substantially if you put on them going with your skirts even mini skirts. At the same time, they will make your feel to taller.

This paper will be ok! This is a element of our subject about how to dress in Uggs. Through this interval of time, we will go on this subject matter. I assume this topic will be ugg a superior Seasonal reward to you if you like and don Ugg boots, right? Tomorrow, we will go on our theme, so you do not skip and shell out consideration on our website and our information. You will grasp lots of details on sporting Ugg boots!
By: Nevada
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys really saying that last post doesn't make you want to drop everything and buy some boots? Really?

Blog
Kail

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulpeslibertas wrote:
And Google can't tell the difference and save us all this pain?

That's why there's all the babble. It's the bots trying to make it look like the links are showing up in real articles or discussions, as opposed to just a page of links or something. Google can't interpret meaning, it just looks at the form, and most of the sentences are syntactically correct (basically, kinda sorta), they're just meaningless.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Life's mysteries explained.
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief, is it just you, wendy, against all of these spammers? I'm tempted to offer my services as an admin to help pair back all of this nonsense. Every time I log in here, there another 10 spam posts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd need more than one person helping. I think there's over 2,000 'new' members that would need to be deleted before the problem will start to be controlled. Seriously, look through the members list. Their user names aren't that hard to spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: