TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacting TopWebcomics?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Contacting TopWebcomics? Reply with quote

So, I bought advertising on TWC 3 weeks ago and they said my banner will be put up shortly and 3 weeks is A LOT! It still hasn't appeared.

When I paid, I logged into my paypal account that is on a different e-mail address than the one on TWC, and I believe that's where the confusion came. But thing is, I PAID! For nothing apparently, go figure. -.-

Is there a way to contact them and ask them what's going on?

I know I sent a mail as a reply to the confirmation mail, but I never got a response. Crying or Very sad
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send a message via Paypal? I think I've contacted sellers that way before.
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried contacting them via paypal, because I didn't know you could do that.

I've sent them another mail on support. If they don't answer in the next 2 days, I'll try getting in touch with them thru paypal. (I don't know how, but I will find a way)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured what the problem was - My banner didn't show up. I checked. But fortunately I had an option to upload a 2'nd banner and just this time, it worked.

I hope it will go live, since the 2'nd one works. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought $100+ worth of ads in January and asked the admin to delay putting them up while I worked on new ads. He took a while to get back to me to confirm that, but when I did email him with ads to use he just stopped responding. I've sent a few emails since, and, er, nothing.

Bittersweet Candy Bowl, a comic of love, drama and cats.
Updates 3 times a week!
CMorgan
^_^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your ad right next to mine, haha
http://topwebcomics.com/advertisinginfo.aspx

We are waaay down on the bottom of the que but my friend says it can take up to 4 months for it to appear on the site, there is that many people advertising there.
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the ads that effective or is it just an obvious place to advertise? I've never clicked on an ad on TopWebComics.

Have people seen good traffic from ads on that site?
Eve Z.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good! I see it now. Very Happy I looked at the ad page and I swear it wasn't there a couple of days ago.

SuitCase@ - you should probably upload the new banners the same way you uploaded the old ones (on the site). E-mailing them isn't an option. :s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be the only way!

I get a script error if I use the new thing where you upload ads for your specific comic. So I sent another email.

Bittersweet Candy Bowl, a comic of love, drama and cats.
Updates 3 times a week!
Bill Murphy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a post on their forum in their help section around two weeks ago. No moderator ever replied.

I just started my webcomic and it's my first. Has it always been the case where the "Webcomic Listing" websites had slow responce times?
UncleRobot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an ad running there right now. It took me a while to figure out that my ad wasn't going to be running right away and that there was a queue. I e-mailed the site several times with no response. They don't ever respond to e-mails about your ads. Pretty poor customer service considering the amount of money being spent.

I ran a skyscraper for 300,000 impressions which is $50. So far I've burned through 133,593 impressions and have 413 visits and 1227 page views to show for it. That's 1.8 cents per page view, or 5.39 cents per visit. It's not as good as I had hoped, but I think it's in the ballpark of what you'll find out there.

I'd be interested to hear from others about their traffic experience at topwebcomics.

contagious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember exact numbers, but I got a decent amount of traffic for my leaderboard ad at TWC, nothing spectacular but better than on any of the other webcomic portals. I have, however, had the best luck with cheaper Project Wonderful ads targeting similarly-themed comics than I did on TWC.

Oh, and it took one of my TWC ads three weeks to go live, and the second one two months.
UncleRobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we've had similar results. Best success by advertising on Project Wonderful with inexpensive strips of a similar theme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: