TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fit and the Conniptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Fit and the Conniptions Reply with quote

Last posted about a year ago, when there was hardly anything in the archive and no actual music. Now with 170+ comics, fifteen mp3s and a video from one of the gigs last year.

Artwork no better than it was before though. Also, for those who don't like authorial self-insertion, to coin a phrase, you probably won't like it much, since I don't do a lot else.

See for yourself - any and all feedback gratefully received. TIA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool man, the musician spin on it keeps it going. The only things that would help might be a couple of stock backgrounds you could switch to every now and then like a living room or street maybe. Also you can read the comic but it might be easier on the eye if it was a bit bigger.

Good stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Ta Reply with quote

Cheers, Matt. The musician thing being what it's about, I'm glad that keeps it going.

Thanks also for the constructive comments: I think you're right about the backgrounds, and I have tried a couple of things out (there was a pub, a studio and a stage), but nothing that has worked well enough to want to come back to yet. That shouldn't stop me trying, though it's probably take some while until I get it right. I agree also about the size thing - it is a bit claustrophobic in there, though having said which I'm likely to keep it smaller rather than larger widthwise as I have a horror of things scrolling sideways (my own browser is set to about 950px wide typically) so there isn't an awful lot of space to play with. On the other hand, I could probably make it a bit wider than it is.

Need to scratch my head and have a think about a bit of a new look in general, as other things about the site could also be improved.

Anyway, cheers again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can tell your experimenting with backgrounds since matt's post. it shows you care and want to improve so i'm going to suggest some stuff.

cut back on the cut and pasting of the character. it's making the comic too repetitive.

use up the space of the panels more and backgrounds will be less of an issue. the guy is so lil with all that waisted negative space.

make him a bit bigger and maybe alter how much we see of him. like sometimes maybe it's zoomed in and his head fills most of the panel other times perhaps we see shoulder and some of his arm. just a little variety will make a huge difference.

i love that his hair is a collapsed chicken, btw.

good luck with your comic. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much food for thought there, GingerDead. In essence I just need to draw more, or indeed at all. When the CD is finally done, which will be very soon, (the whole idea being a combined band/webcomic thing), I'll have more time and headspace for focussing properly on improving the look of the thing. In the meantime, it's about ten months since I had a go at a zoom, so... yeah. Much to think about. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: