TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High Quality-Print Resources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Tygry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: High Quality-Print Resources Reply with quote

I'm currently shopping (mainly stores I can visit) for price ranges on business cards, canvas banners, vellum scrolls (the kind you hang on a stand and use at dealer's tables) and poster prints-- averaging around 18 x 24". I was just wondering if any other webcomic artists have favorite venues they use when preparing prints or displays to take on the road. Any bad experiences with certain places?
NobbyNobody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a local company for my outsize prints. Sometimes it does actually pay to shop around in the real world. It makes looking a proofs a whole lot easier too when you can just go and visit their studio.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo.com makes some really nice stuff. They don't make traditional stuff though. Their minicards aren't business card size. They're, well, mini. I ordered some minicards with my logo on them and some text on the back, but I have gotten them yet. Otherwise I'd show you a picture. It was $20 for 100 of them. $25 including shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encifer wrote:
Moo.com makes some really nice stuff.
Thank you for that, MOO are exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for to help me with my greeting card designs. I'm desperate to dump CafePress.

What's more, Moo are UK based! Perfect!

also, 100 minicards for a tenner, and every one different? That's outstanding!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twotimingpete wrote:
I received an envelope full of various media that was printed by psprint.com and I must say I'm pretty impressed. It's all completely pro. It's not a "print on demand" service but the prices are quite reasonable nonetheless. I'll probably be using them for something in the future.

I ordered the sample kit earlier in the week as well so I'm eager to see what they have. So far, they've been the most reasonable in their poster pricing. Kinkos wanted to charge me more then 3 grand for 100 18 x 24. Insane.
Austin Terrill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always go with print peppermint - business cards ever since I discovered them. You can choose from lots of different designs or customize your own. The best part about them is you can try first their sample kit before deciding to purchase.
haaaayes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NobbyNobody wrote:
I use a local company for my outsize prints. Sometimes it does actually pay to shop around in the real world. It makes looking a proofs a whole lot easier too when you can just go and visit their studio.

I do this too - it's a lot more reliable when you can actually talk to the people who are printing your work. There's also no postage, and the guys I use are actually a lot cheaper than an online service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: