TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain Wayne and the Unexplained Dimension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wfg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Captain Wayne and the Unexplained Dimension Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm kinda new here and trying to get people to see my comic and tell me what they think.

Here's what it's about: "A coffee addicted nurse robot, a translucent glow in the dark singer, the Greatest Race in the Universe, defective crash test dummies, floating spectres, a mind reading Yalchii, a semi-restored Flow 600 and much, much more await as you join Wayne, an officer of the Captaincy, as he sets off on a mission to unravel the mystery of what, hes not quite sure. Yet.

Captain Wayne and the Unexplained Dimension is a story about control, when to let go and make the most of a sticky situation.
"

I hope you'll give it a shot and have a look, I launched the site in early April and I update the comic every Thursday. Here's the link:

www.cptwayne.com

Wouter

Last edited by wfg on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
enginecomic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you forgot to include the link to your comic....
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enginecomic wrote:
I think you forgot to include the link to your comic....

It's in the "www" profile button below their post.
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very slick coloring work! Some panels rely a bit too much on gradients in the background and come out looking blurry.

One other thing that's making the comic a little blurry though is that your Wordpress layout is showing the comic at less than the full image size; the latest page, for instance is

"1,024px 713px (scaled to 980px 682px)"

according to Firefox. If you upload the image at the same resolution at which your layout will display it, it will look a lot sharper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I am an idiot. But I caught the Hitchhiker's Guide reference so maybe my score is even?

Lovely art. I fear my little netbook doesn't do it justice.
wfg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: URL Reply with quote

Sorry guys, thought I had it all covered but you found your way there anyway which is great. You can read my comic here:

www.cptwayne.com

@enginecomic: you're not an idiot, I should have made it clearer and since you caught the reference, you're up on Brownie Points! Thanks for the feedback!

@smbhax.com Thanks for the comments. I had been wondering about the size and I'll give it a shot and up the size to full scale. Thanks for that!
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeou colors and shading. I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you vaslittlecrow! Glad to hear you like it!
wfg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Almost half-time Reply with quote

I'll be hiting half-time in a few weeks. Haven't missed an update this starting in April, was wondering if anyone wanted to share some thoughts regarding my comic or anything you'd feel to say about it.

Looking forward to your responses!
Harrington AW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks really good.

The art and especially the coloring is great, and the concept and the characters are interesting. It's a good-looking, high quality comic.

-S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that cover image, but then I am a complete sucker for any kind of "exploring big empty alien spaces" imagery.

The comic itself seems pretty fun. You've got a big world but it doesn't seem too horrendously bogged down in unnecessary minutiae. And I agree that the coloring looks great, especially given the "animated" look of the characters.

I almost wish there were more "Wayne flies around and looks at stuff" bits, because I like staring at the environments here, but I understand wanting to get the story rolling early on. Looks like it's going interesting places.
wfg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Sean & Noah! Really appreciate you taking the time to look at my comic.

Talking about "Wayne flies around and looks at stuff", it's funny you mention it: there's some of that coming up in the few weeks!!

I makes me happy that you noticed the 'animated' look of the characters as that were originally designed that way and I first wanted to make this into an animated feature - set for release in 2054 ??! LOL

Thanks again guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: