TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comic Rank... and now it's gone. Whaa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marscaleb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Comic Rank... and now it's gone. Whaa? Reply with quote

So I was looking around for some good link exchange stuff to run with my comic, and came across Comic Rank, which tracks how many readers your comic has with more accuracy than just checking the number of unique visitors.

I was happilly adding it my site and awaiting it to be long enough for it to collect accurate data, estimated at three weeks, and just when I hit that point and go to check my numbers... The site has closed.

Well, actually I just went back right now so I could grab its url to share with people ( http://comicrank.com/ ) and saw that due to the tremendous outcry from its users the guy is at least creating some self-contained code that does the tracking for people to use, but he's still not interested in running his site which listed all these comic according to their actual number of viewers.

One, I thought I might share this in case someone here is interested in buying/taking over his service for him,
Two, I thought I would post this and ask if anyone here has seen any similar services that I might partake in.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've seen people say that Google Analytics also tries to figure out how many actual readers you have; I don't use it myself.

Hm I do use Quantcast (quantcast.com) and that tells you the percentage of your monthly visitors that came by just once, multiple times, or like every day, which also sort of tells you how many are regular readers (although it would be hard to tell which might be infrequent but habitual binge-ers).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Google Analytics and it give me a lot of information, but no concise way to know how many regular readers I have.
That requires it to track each visitor over a period of time and note when they return.
katastrophe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GetClicky lets you tag users and track them with its premium plans. It's a fairly powerful feature -- I use it to track people who've come in from advertising, so I can see which sites are getting me actual readers (and thus might be more valuable.) However, Clicky is not free, and working its way towards very not free (thank god they hold sales a lot, is all I'm sayin', because it really is a lot easier and better than Analytics and I'm totally addicted now.)

However! ComicRank is not quite dead! If you'd like to keep this service going, sign up and maybe offer to help out or pay some cash towards the new server. It's a great service and I for one would hate to see it go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: