TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wonder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AIPman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: I wonder Reply with quote

why the post about my magazine was deleted from the "talk about whatever you want" section. Especially when a previous issue I did the same thing for, is still in the list below.

we're not allowed to give away free pdfs here?
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't deleted any threads about it.

It may have disappeared as a result of a spam attack, but I don't know of any reason why any of the staff would have deliberately removed the thread. We remove automated spam and duplicate threads, but very little else.

A few days back, before I did a little tweaking, we had a few bots that were posting over 200 posts each in the space of a few minutes. It's possible that one of your posts could have got caught in mine and oppy's attempts to clear all the spam out somehow. Sorry, if that's the case.

The other option is that the thread went invisible when a recent reply was removed. This can happen with BB2 forums, although only usually happens if an account is deleted (which is the reason we have to manually remove each spam post) or if a user becomes logged out at the same time that they're posting in a thread, though I don't think there's been any reports of that happening since the last patch, so hopefully it wasn't that.

Regardless, feel free to repost it and sorry for whatever happened.

Blog
Kail

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure you're looking in the right place, AIP? I see a post attributed to you advertising your mag from just a week ago, except it's in the "my comics" section; is this the one you're looking for? (if so, the link doesn't appear to work for me)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: