Hello, nameís Hugo, I'm a writer and I wish to make a submission of 9 colored pages for Image Comics with a team of one or more. I plan to refund these pages in case the submission is not accepted, and in case it is, weíre looking at a one-year job, minimum.
What I offer:
- Refund on pages done towards the submission, price to be agreed upon in private discussion.
- Profit share in case the comic gets published, to be agreed upon in private discussion.
- Quality and quick writing.
- Acceptable Lettering.
- Some experience: Iíve been writing for comic books for a while now. Currently, I have a personal project called Torven X http://www.crimasi.com/torvenx/,
which I write and letter for, and a manga project called Aegis Omega http://www.mangamagazine.net/manga-and-comics/Aegis-Omega/detail-page/117
for which I write. This last one has been consistently in the top ten rank of our bracket, featured.
- A lot of dedication: Iíve got the whole job written down in synopsis form, most of it in prose form, and the 9 pages are already scripted in two formats. I have countless hours of research on the subject and theme of this story.
- Teamplay: Iím open to re-formatting how I do scripts until we nail how youíre most comfortable with them. I'm open to discussing ideas, and even changing aspects of the story too, but only as far as my decision is final and respected towards the subjects that will reflect me as the writer. I will show you the same courtesy.
What I Expect:
- Reasonable commitment to the job.
- Talent and experience with both or either:
--- Drawing/Penciling sequential art.
------ Experience with fighting sequences a good plus.
------ Experience with doing it from comic scripts a plus.
- 90-110 colored pages in a year. (Thatís roughly 3 pages a week.)
- A good attitude and an earnest will to create.
- An honest interest to work your craft beyond limitations, and to see the comic produced.
- Willingness to communicate often, and maybe even show previews of pages being done so changes may be applied while theyíre still low-cost (if youíre good enough, it doesnít really bother me if this isnít done).
The comic: Legendary Warriors:
- Quick version: weapons of legend did exist, and exist to this day, wielded by a secret alliance of warriors. The storyís catalyzed by an archeologist who believes in legends and whose dream is to get a legendary sword, which he does. Things start going to hell from there.
--- I can say more stuff, but Iíll do so when we open dialog (donít want a wall of text here). Ask questions.
- It is a fast-paced twist-filled action-adventure, with a bit of romance here and there, but focusing much more on supernatural amazing combat, and drama pertaining to varying issues, from a wide/global scope, to a more psychological and emotional personal scope.
- I know that sounded familiar, but Iím fairly confident we can work the theme into a very innovative piece within whatís familiar and loved. As much as the plot aims to surprise, shock, and twist, the fighting will be the gold of the series. You will understand with the 9 page script.
Iím planning on taking the whole month (August) to find a team, so if youíre interested about this opportunity, you can contact me by commenting on this post, or by sending me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please do not send me personal messages.
And in fact, if youíd be so kind, throw a comment either way so the post stays up.
This is what Iíd like from your first contact:
- Who are you? Name, age, etc.
- Youíd like to what? Just color? Just pencil? Just Ink? Do both? Do three? Letter?
- Link to samples: Sequentials and character Designs. In case of e-mail, you may send them attached.
- Past works, if you have them.
- A willingness to share some kind of instant messaging contact. I donít mind sending messages back and forth during the selection process, but Iíd like direct contact with whomever I work with.
- Questions/Prices(for refund and during publication -> open the discussion about it).
For more information on my person, you can check my personal website at hdamas.com. Thank you for your consideration, and have a good week.
Sincerely looking forward to working on this,