TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*Brand New to this* Writer looking for Advice/Artist/Team

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: *Brand New to this* Writer looking for Advice/Artist/Team Reply with quote

I'm really new to this, so feel free to poke fun and what not, though advice would be very much appreciated. First off, my name is Albert D(is the last initial), and I've been a huge fan of comics as well as novels of all sorts for as long as I can remember.

I've been writing as a hobby for about three years now, posting stories on webpages in fan forums and what not. I'll provide links to a couple of short stories I have written so far, as well as the ongoing one that I would like to see done in a comic format.

I currently post on the Literature forum on Snafu Comics (ugh, I feel like I'm trying to ride a dead horse over there).

The story I want done as a comic is rather long, though after the bloated fifteen page start, it is broken down into 2-6 page short stories. It follows a guy playing a online game in which death actually has a meaning beyond a 3 minute inconvenience. The 2-6 page short stories are about what he experiences and what he does between dying.

Since it is a video game and each short is told differently and episodically, I really have to give the artist free reign on style and format, though in my head it would be sort of manga-ish. As the perspectives change, so can the interpretations of the settings and style, so a multi-talented artist would probably have a field day with it.

Anyways, I would love to find an artist to work with, though this is my first venture into this area, so I'm pretty sure that I need advice more than anything, and in terms of money for contracting, yeah, I'm part of that 99% that are hopelessly poor and are really just looking to get a foot in the door somewhere.

So please offer advice or contact me if any of the below interests you:

A rather abstract short story : http://adebussch.hubpages.com/hub/ald-am

A huge story I kinda shelved: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31832&start=0&hilit=Silhouettes+in+red

The story I am proposing along with awesome comments from the amazing Snafu Community o_O : http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51541

(Yeah, the beginning is really bloated, mostly because of waaay to much attention given to detail, which is why I'd rather see it in a comic, rather than having to describe settings and clothing every time the story changes).

Contact me: mrsincado@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum