TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative Team Assemble! Writer looking for Artists...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danger_slater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Creative Team Assemble! Writer looking for Artists... Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Humanoids,

My name is Danger_Slater. I am a professinal writer/novelist who is currently looking to get into comic writing. Though I can write a script like nobody's business, I've been finding it's extraordinarily difficult to break in to the industry without a proper team behind me. Most publishers, it seems, don't just want script-only submissions. They want packaged, prepared comic books and teams.

So that's what I aim to do. I'm looking to put together a team to create and work on a book to shop around to various publishers, the end goal being a monthly ongoing comic book deal.

I have recently finished writing the 6th (out of 6) issue of an original comic I have created. The 6 books would encompass the first story arc.

As for the tone and look, it is a superhero book, a dark comedy/satire along the lines of Ennis or Warren Ellis (with the existentialism of Morrison for good measure because Morrison rules, and honestly, why the **** not?) but a little more on the absurd side (think South Park).

Artwise, I envision it a little exaggerated and very bright - like Chew or possibly the work of Darick Robertson.

If you're curious as to the sort of stories I write, feel free to check out my website (or buy my book. That would rock!): http://www.dangerslater.blogspot.com Click on 'published works' for links.

I should stress, I don't want to "hire out" an artist(s) because, honestly, that's not the kind of thing I'm looking for. I would want this comic to belong as much to the artists as it belongs to me. I'm looking for collaborators. I'm looking for partners. I believe I have the talent, ideas and skills needed to make it in this industry, and I need an equally-talented team to work with me. And to that end, I'm willing to help cultivate and develop my partner(s) ideas as well.

Whadaya say? Let's make some ****in' art!

If you're interested, send me an email: danger_slater@yahoo.com and we'll get to talking and see if we gel.

Bonus points if you live in New Jersey (Northeastern NJ/NYC area, as that's where I live and that's where the comic takes place).

Thanks guys.

Danger_Slater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum