TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new "Comic Rocket" comic listing/reading site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: new "Comic Rocket" comic listing/reading site Reply with quote

https://www.comic-rocket.com/

I noticed this because I started getting some hits from it. It seems to be a lot like Ink Outbreak in that the main site lists various webcomics, and then when you go to one, there's a smart frame or whatever they are in a horizontal bar at the top of the browser with the Comic Rocket controls and such in it, and the webcomic's site appears normally in the rest of the browser window below that.

One thing I find interesting about CR's UI though is that it actually displays a count of the total number of comics the webcomic has, and has its own first/prev/next/last navigation, so you can navigate the comic from the CR toolbar. :o I guess they must code this on a site-by-site or at least content-management-by-content-management basis, because my site for instance is all custom scripts, but they've got it all counted up and working through their navigation controls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Looks interesting. You're right - a lot like InkOutbreak, with the added function of tracking your last visit a la Piperka. (or does InkOutbreak have that, too?)

I also like the authors' tools they offer - shop links and all. Makes me want to start a shop just to see how it works. I'll be sure to submit a banner, anyway.

Not sure about their update tracking, though. My comic's entry says it was last updated in April rather than last Friday.

Webcomics - Blog - Twitter
iaviv

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Vaehling wrote:
Huh. Looks interesting. You're right - a lot like InkOutbreak, with the added function of tracking your last visit a la Piperka. (or does InkOutbreak have that, too?)

InkOutbreak has that too.

The page tracking thing doesn't work with every webcomic, from what I can tell. But at least it works with mine Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, these comic 'archives' seem to be becoming more common. This one seems a bit more advanced than inkoutbreak.

The biggest problem is inkoutbreak seems to be difficult to navigate for a few people, they said they wanted to rate my comic but couldn't figure out how to even find it on ink's site.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snotnarok wrote:
The biggest problem is inkoutbreak seems to be difficult to navigate for a few people, they said they wanted to rate my comic but couldn't figure out how to even find it on ink's site.

I didn't even know there was such a thing in InkOutbreak :/ It probably is too confusing...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com - Say, that is a really cool site! Thank you for sharing that. I just submitted it too.

iaviv - You are not the only one. I barely remember how to log-in half the time.
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some trouble with InkOutbreak too, come to think of it. When I tried changing the banner images for my comic, first it seemed like it didn't work, then it seemed like it had *no* banner... And now it seems to have two entries, one with a banner and one without! :| I'm sure that's my fault in some way, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the no-banner one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: