TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writer looking for artist for already-existent webcomic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcstcomic

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Writer looking for artist for already-existent webcomic Reply with quote

My name is Serge any I've been running my webcomic, We Can Sleep Tomorrow, for almost three years. I've always been primarily a writer and had taken up drawing relatively recently. However, I've never really gotten that good at the latter. So, with the commitments of my day job and the realization that I'm not going to improve all that much, I've decided to try and find someone who would work on my webcomic with me.

You can check out my webcomic if you like and see the general art style. I don't need it to be emulated exactly, but the general ballpark of what I've already established would be nice. As you can see, I have a website, and some history, as well as an approximate current readership of 200 people. I feel like this shows that you can devote your time to my webcomic and I won't just abandon you after a couple of months and leave all your efforts wasted. I really am looking for a partner to work with me on a comic rather than just a gun-for-hire.

With that in mind, I'm offering almost complete partnership, meaning 50% of all comic revenue that doesn't get invested back into the comic in the form of advertising and other expenses. I will also be willing to pay a very modest stipend to start, with potential opportunities for growth depending on how our working relationship goes. I was looking at a schedule of one comic per week for the initial transition period of a few months, and after that, two strips per week. Eventually my goal is to update thrice a week, but we can discuss this when the time comes.

I really enjoy writing my comic and I'm fully committed to the project, and I am looking for an artist who is able to show commitment but to also have fun working with me.

Cheers.
lexia

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that word Thrice ^-^ weee well I will give you my dA if anything talk to me http://lexianee.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RobWhite

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested!
I run a cartoon illustration/comic strip series as a blog and I'm eager to expand my experience. I'd love to be making comics on a more full-time basis and what you're offering seems right up my street.

My blog: http://versuscomicbook.blogspot.co.uk/

Let me know what you think!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum