TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favor.org - platform for artists and other creators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tskingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Favor.org - platform for artists and other creators Reply with quote

Some of you might find this somehow interesting (or not but take a look if you will).

"Favor is an open platform for artists and other creators to publish their content freely and earn money.
It enables anyone to reward great content and getting something back in return."

http://favor.org/
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems kinda like Reddit except the content is inline and you have to pay to comment--which is oddly bizarre. Judging by the top entries, it appears to be (most) popular in Scandinavia!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smells scammish to me. Then again, anything with 'earn money' always rings a few alarm bells when I'm a'browsing the internet.
Tskingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
it appears to be (most) popular in Scandinavia!

Or, even worse, (just) in Finland! Smile
Jaska

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my site! I'm one founder of Favor Company and I'd be very happy to answer your questions.

The whole point of Favor is Return the Favor -feature. Which is about buying comments and supporting the artist. So you do have to pay to comment, but you choose the price and the money goes to the artist. It's a great gesture to do when some artist really has a great (e.g.) comic.

- - -

I'm sorry it smells scammish. We've consulted a law firm and tax authorities and I can assure you, it's not a scam. It's not an magic want either. You have to have good comics to succeed. Nobody will "Return the Favor" on some half-assed drawing Smile

- - -

A lot of content currently is from Finland, but don't let that bother you. Favor is open for the whole world + it really doesn't matter what others do. You get your own page and if someone else is there, they've at least paid you for it.

Thanks for bringing up Favor.org in this forum! Like I said, I'm more than happy to answer & help & discuss.
-Jaakko
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: