TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost per click with Project Wonderful.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Sawatsky
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to PW... does the bid price mean "per click"? so, for example, if I were to buy space on Scary-go-round for $5, each time someone clicked it, it would cost me $5? I need to read those PW stuffs again...
James Sawatsky
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cripes

edit: phew!! i was going to start throwing my ads up today until i thought of $5/ click.

my initial strategy is comics I enjoy, ie scary go round, and see what kinds of hits I generate. I figure the traffic j allison brings is bound to get me at least 2 maybe 3 hits. right?
Amtekoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murdaugh wrote:
In the case of a "hypothetical" click exchange, whose account would get get suspended then? Twisted Evil
I've considered this as a way to bump money coming in on my Chitika ad (white box, left column), but it's not legal to ask people to do that either. They have ways of knowing fake clicks, mainly multiple hits from the same computer. However, if spread around over a few hundred people once per week...

Lots of people have Donation/Tip Jars on their sites, but most readers don't want to spend the money. However, clicking on somebody's advertising gets the artist money with no cost to you. I've done it to help people out, if I liked the comic AND the ad.

Anyway, unethical to ask for such a thing, and who wants to spend time just clicking on everyone's ads? I appreciate when people do it for me, but ugh! BORING!

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that PW is the way to go. It's pretty easy to get 0.01-0.02 per click and it's nice to be part of the webcomic community that it supports. This way people who really appreciate webcomics will be visiting your site.

My experience mirrors some of the other sentiments I've seen in this thread, namely I get the best response from advertising on "mid-level" sites. I never seem to get my money's worth when I advertise on a site that costs more than about $0.2 a day.

What's everyone else's experience?

-Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly wonderful post! Pay Per Click Advertising Management services have become very popular over the time. I also use this paid marketing technique method for my blog and trust me it provides really good number of customers for my services and the best thing is that I have to spend very small amount on the campaign.
Young66

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traffic that you get from the PPC ads can turn into your clients and thatís the reason you should definitely give this mode of online promotions a try. If you donít want to learn these techniques then Pay Per Click Advertising Management services are always there to help you out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: