TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comic Rocket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
systemcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Comic Rocket Reply with quote

I'm sure this site is known to many other people. They grab your title and give it alternate hosting, then you need to claim ownership of your work just so you can customize it's presentation on their site. .. Does anyone else find this a small violation to hard work? Sad

They grabbed my first title years back and then I was able to claim it. But the second, the one I started last year? Grabbed by them and they refuse to acknowledge I'm the comic's author. I even tried to contact them beyond what they standardly ask of people since that has failed. ( Tried more than once at that. ) This went so far as emailing the administrator, posting about it in their forum, and contact on Facebook. Facebook at least this communication was noticed, but Comic Rocket's representative there simply said, "Thank you!". This however did not result in me being able to claim my work.

I've seen one web comic author proudly boast their support of the site. ... I can't imagine why. Confused
Tait

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't give it alternate hosting, they actually link to your site, they just do it in a frame or something like that so that their navigation is at the top of your site.

Also, it's not necessarily them "grabbing" your site. Anyone can add a comic there, so anyone that knows of your site can add it to Comic Rocket. Most comic listing sites actually work like that.

As for not being able to claim your comic, yeah, that's been a problem for a while. I had problems with my comic for months, but they finally fixed it a couple weeks ago. Seems they had a backlog of comics that needed to be checked and their crawler was hung up for a while. They eventually got it fixed, but I had absolutely no communication from them until after the problem was fixed despite trying to contact them many times. So, yeah, their communication sucks.

Try checking your comic listing again. If your problem still hasn't been resolved, check this link and see if your comic is on there. If so then they'll get to it eventually, it might just take a couple months.

Communication problems and slowness aside, I think it's a pretty good site. Most of my comic's traffic actually comes from there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I thought it was alternate hosting, that's what I seemed to notice years back. Embarassed

I'm going to look now to see if they've acknowledged my claim to the second title. ...

Nope. Still not acknowledged. Sad

At least you find it useful getting traffic.

I could stand on my head juggling live dynamite and having a tiger in rampant pose on my upturned feet and that wouldn't be enough for a bite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: