TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Webcomic/WordPress help needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
natephoenix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Webcomic/WordPress help needed! Reply with quote

Hiya folks!
So I'm planning a return to the webcomic world (for 8 years I ran a webcomic called Jazz and Jess, and then I had a child and that was more important) and instead of hand coding the website in HTML I'm hoping to use WordPress/comicpress for this new website.

Now, I have ZERO experience with WordPress, so I'll be learning it on the fly, but I was wondering is it possible to host two separate webcomics on a site?

For example, I want to get started on my new webcomic, Bump In The Night, but I also want to have Jazz and Jess on there and finish it if and when there is time.

www.JazzandJess.com <---May contain Boobies and Zombies.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I think the way to do it is to install WordPress twice.

So your directory setup might look something like this:
[root]/wordpress <-- Bump In The Night comic
[root]/jaj/wordpress <-- Jazz and Jess

Or you could do:
[root]/bitn/wordpress <-- Bump In The Night comic
[root]/jaj/wordpress <-- Jazz and Jess
And have a splash page as the root's index, or whatever.

I actually don't know a whole lot about it myself (maybe someone else will post who's done it before), so I'd say you should do a search for running multiple wordpress installs on one host.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways you can accomplish this.

Option one is as above, where you have two installations of Wordpress on the same site. I've set this up for my husband's site; you simply install Wordpress into a subdirectory, and can even register a new domain for it. We use Bluehost, which made this exceptionally easy.

The other is to use multicomic support in Comic Easel (the plugin that has replaced Comic Press). You would do this by creating a Chapter for each webcomic, then publishing each new entry under the correct chapter.
MindChimera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmstorey wrote:
The other is to use multicomic support in Comic Easel (the plugin that has replaced Comic Press). You would do this by creating a Chapter for each webcomic, then publishing each new entry under the correct chapter.

If you do it this way, does that mean you couldn't then divide each comic into chapters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: