TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Comic Secret Santa Exchange 2016

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wendy Wood
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Web Comic Secret Santa Exchange 2016 Reply with quote

'ello.
For those of you that don't already know, as well as being an admin over here I'm the current organiser of the Web Comic Secret Santa Exchange over at http://comicsecretsanta.blogspot.co.uk/

Registration is open to the second of next month and you should check it out.
systemcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done one of these before but I'm intrigued to. At first I thought it was one comic creator making a shout out comic Xmas piece to another, but that's not the case right? Given the want of a URL and review of sorts to connected comic.

I'm willing to draw up a single piece for this, but not post it to the front page for either of my comics as an update.
What can I do if that is the actual case?
Wendy Wood
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically everybody's name goes into a hat (literally a red top hat - I use the red one because it feels more christmassy) and I mostly randomly assign people a comic to do a guest page or illustration for. What the recipient decides to do with their gift is entirely up to them. Stick it up as a normal page, put it in the commentary for a page, guest art section, wherever they feel it should go.

You can pick the maximum age rating you wanting to draw something for, which is where the mostly random part comes in. All ages comics go in the hat first, then PG, then teen, etc.

As well as signing up as a full participant you can sign up as a safety net elf. Literally anyone can sign up for that. That's where you volunteer to take over an assignment in case someone drops out. They're not usually needed and I think the record in all the time it's been going has been two safety net assignments given out in a year.

I'm a safety net elf, because I can't really randomly assign my own comic and then be surprised by who emails me a drawing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: