TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you using to create your comic?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amaryllis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start on pencil and paper then scan into photoshop (CS6), from there I tweak and what not.

Once on the computer I use a Bamboo Create...I've never regretted that purchase!
theoriginalmoser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Photoshop CC with an Intuos 5 Medium graphics tablet. Other than that, BIC mechanical pencils for sketching and a Lexmark all in one scanner for scanning
synapsecomic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Photoshop CS5 mostly, occasionally I'll need to do something in Illustrator. I almost never sketch in pencil, that part is usually done digitally too.

My tablet is an intuos5 touch. Lately I've been preferring the felt tip nibs for that.

I also incorporate some 3D stuff in my comic, so I use Daz 4.6 Pro and Blender (both are free right now, which is great).
Milknut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an old Intuos gd-0608-u that my brother gave me. I used GIMP for years and years, but I very (VERY) recently got MS. I'm still learning how to use it, but it's made my line quality much higher. I'm hoping to save up and get some new hardware, though. Probably I'll go for the Surface Pro 2 because Penny Arcade's Gabe has had a lot of good things to say about it and it sounds like the Pro 3 is less so. Plus I need a new PC because I'm getting some pretty bad lag issues on my desktop. If I had a lot of money I'd go for the Cintiq, but that's a ways away I think.
Blaxkleric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I draw my cartoon characters and props (e.g. guns, hands, swords etc) with a pencil, and then ink over them with a pen. I then scan them onto my PC, clean the images up using Paint Shop Pro 8 and then colour/manipulate them. Programme is ten years old now but it does the job Smile

http://mooretoons.blogspot.co.uk
MadeleineRosca

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Adobe Photoshop for everything and wonder why I took so long! Life is better with Clip Studio Paint! Definitely recommend for comic work, especially now that they've fixed the colouring tools.
IAmChimpster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the Wacom Bamboo, but managed to get a pretty cheap Cintiq 13Hd a few weeks ago! And it's amazing!

I use Paintool SAI to do all of my drawings Smile
C.S. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Greedy wrote:
DIY Refillable Pentel Brush

Some of you might renember that I posted my selfbuilt refillable water-ink pen here quite some time ago. It still works perfect, but I always wanted to find a way to refill a pentel brush. I made several attempts to refill it with a syringe, but they all ended in messy failure.

[[Mechanical wizardry.]]

Woah. That's awesome.
cat9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wacom Intuos 5, and Adobe Flash Professional CS6. There's just something about Flash that I really like.
rockkirby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a Wacom Intous 3, had that thing forever. Still do, its packed up in a box somewhere before I moved. Used that when I scanned an image in from a sketchbook or something.
I bought a small cintiq a few years ago and love it! Just feels more natural to draw with those, with the regular tablet always felt like I was doing a blind gesture drawing. :p When I bought the cintiq I moved to all digital.
The software I used to use was Photoshop. Now I use Manga Studio 4EX. Photoshop is still great for painting and even coloring. I love Manga studio for my linework. It has a great selection of pens and the pressure sensitivity for it works wonderful. It has some other neat stuff in there, and I've been trying to use it for coloring as well so I didn't have to switch back and forth between programs. Smith micro is the publisher and it is called clip studio or manga studio both are the same I believe.
Zanreo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I draw my comic in SAI, and use a Wacom Bamboo tablet.
arvinvalenzuela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I still use paper, pencil, eraser, technical pens, ink and markers and then scan it and post it on my website.
madmonkeymonk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Stuff I use Reply with quote

I use glitter glue and elbow macaroni. Then I scan that into my commodore 64, sprinkle unicorn dust onto it and BOOM! A comic is made. (Unicorn dust is made from ground unicorn bones).
hmcgill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Adobe Illustrator to create my comics.
Tibbittz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pluck, determination, pencils, markers, and caffeine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Webcomic Gubbins All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: