TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic Narrative Student- NEED HELP!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaoticKiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Graphic Narrative Student- NEED HELP!!! Reply with quote

I am in college and take graphic narrative, i need a lot of help my teacher expects 40 or more responses on my online survey and so far i have 10 Crying or Very sad please would you take my online survey to help me pass my course, it is only 6 very quick questions all multiple choice no writing needed.
Arrow http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XM3J8M3

please take the survey means a lot
- Thanks Very Happy
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered.

I know it's probably too late to do anything about it now, but isn't that age range a little narrow?

Blog
KaoticKiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile , and yeah i tried to keep it short i was told to do up to 8 questions my teacher said thats fine doing 6.
mooncity
is awesome cool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we like, NOT do these anymore? I can't prove it, but there's something that just feels a little spammy about all these survey posts. I mean, how many students out there really have a teacher demanding they go and ask webcomickers to take a survey? It strains credulity just a bit...

The comic strip that never was.
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This *is* starting to feel a little weird, all right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one smelled like marketing research... This one is just the same, especially since it has nothing to do with the subject matter.
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

Location: Here and there...mostly there. Sometimes kinda in between.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooncity wrote:
I mean, how many students out there really have a teacher demanding they go and ask webcomickers to take a survey?
Sounds like one of my teachers, actually.

I expect most people think of this is as mostly a webcomic reader forum, rather than a webcomic writer forum.

If the OP needs 40 responses... how many people are in your class?
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I suppose I should give the official line on this after having had a chat with oppernaR about it and us both looking into things.

*clears throat*

The conclusion is that the multiple accounts here are all different people and essentially this site is just awesome enough that anybody asking about these things is guaranteed to end up here.* Similar to why we get a lot of "Help me remember this awesome comic" threads.

That said, oppernaR did suggest a new rule*, that if you're a newbie* coming along for the single purpose of picking our collective brains via an online survey thing* then check in with a staff member first, just so we don't end up with a dozen different surveys all about the same thing.

There are two reasons for that. 1) There isn't going to end up being a class someone where every second student gives in almost exactly the same results because they all came to the same group of people. 2) Regulars won't get annoyed* by seeing too many of the same thread.

Obviously, applying this rule to threads posted before the rule was ever thought up would be both silly and kind of mean, so yeah, all existing threads are fine, but you have to ask someone if it's okay if you want to post a new one.

(*I might not be using oppy's exact words here.)
(*I'm pretty sure oppy's actual rule was worded better but I can't remember exactly what he said.)
(*No offense meant to people being classed as newbies. I just like that word. It's one of those fun to say words.)
(*If you've been posting other stuff around the place and being active in other threads and stuff then this probably doesn't apply to you.
Probably. )
(*Some regulars might get annoyed anyway. It happens sometimes. Not much I can do about that one.)

Blog
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the same category as psychology professors that want you to perform experiments on strangers in elevators. It sounds great as a classroom experiment, and it's not a bad learning exercise, but the professor should stop and realize that he's essentially conducting an experiment on 20 (students) * 50 (elevator passengers) = 1000 strangers.

Most people on this forum probably don't mind filling out a survey (and if they do, they'll probably skip the thread), but let's say we have twenty students in 5 classes 4 times a year: That's 400 surveys to fill out. The professor needs to contemplate the possibility that their students are going to get significant blowback that they might not deserve, in addition to finding thinner and thinner hunting grounds.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured I should also post in this since I was the one who made the first post some people referred to.
I'd just like to say you guys were all AWESOME at responding to our surveys and most of the people in our class who used this got some great detailed responses Very Happy so thank you all for that.
I understand completely it might of seemed a little off after a few cropped up, but perhaps I was to blame as I did indeed tell the class that I got some really positive and appreciated responses from here, so I partially take the blame for that Sad. However, I can assure you that our hand in date is actually during this upcoming week so any that you receive after that are not from our class. Thanks again to you all and I hope that this has cleared it up a little bit for you and hopefully added some credibility to it as we really are a class and were just hoping to pass the assignment haha :p.
Any queries on verifying that if you continue to get these posts popping up, then either ask me or you can contact the Graphic Narrative teach for the Games Design Level 3 course at Middlesbrough College.

Thanks again to you all!
Andy
vulpeslibertas
Level 1 threat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, see you out in the industry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: