TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody fancy critting the hell out of a picture for me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavenderbard
^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iaviv wrote:
Unlike that wall of text this picture can actually be understood. That is all.

I understood the wall of text. When I saw the picture I didn't think "Oh, that's what was meant," I thought, "Yes, precisely as described."

Since CN appears to have had a similar reaction, I assume he understood the text also.
^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, gosh, I hate critting things anymore. I've been yelled at for being mean too many times. But here goes...

You don't leave enough up-and-down room at the shoulder joint, so the arms look a little like they're stuck on with pegs,. The hips have a similar problem, as CN mentioned above, the distance between the crotch and the waist is too short -- there's no room in there for an actual hip socket.

And I keep wondering why she has her hand behind her back.

But I think this picture is really cute, especially the kittens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contributing then Cool

If she's looking down, maybe it's not the ear position but perspective. If head is looking a bit from upside then ears should look like that too not from a front view, The face must be a little lower, with more hair visible and the neck a bit more hidden behind the face and that's all. If she's not turning her head down, ears are still a bit up.

I liked the first hands better. While the arms lenght is better, I see the fingers occuping almost all the hand. You must add some more space for the palm. I think, the thumb must be pointing outwards and no inwards for that position (This can be a matter of position too).

As mentioned before, I think the breasts look a bit low for the size of the body.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look up some reference images of shoulders and necks. The line of a person's shoulders when their arms are at their sides is not horizontal (unless they're wearing shoulderpads) and the neck is not a pair of perfect vertical lines. Looking at renderings of the muscular and skeletal systems is helpful! (the muscles at the front of the neck form a V-shape from the sides of the jaw to the centre of the clavicle; the muscle covering the back of the neck and shoulders causes the shoulders to have a sloped appearance. here is an example.) The place where the neck is meeting the shoulders forms a right angle in your drawing, particularly noticeable on NOFX-guy; on real people this is more of a curve.

The other thing I'm noticing is that you are using a very saturated palette. There is nothing wrong with saturated colours, but your palette feels a bit... disjointed? Colours are altered by lighting, which unifies them into an overall image that looks like the colours belong together. This is a great tutorial on colour use. c:

You have a very cute and cartoony style, especially the kitties!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum