TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out "The Lostland"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Check out "The Lostland" Reply with quote

Just to remove a bit of the spamminess, I'll start by saying hey. I'm Mr. Henry, I also go by JM-Henry and various other personal nicknames. So to the point, I'd like you guys to check out the webcomic I've been working with for over a year called "The Lostland".

The Site

The story's still at an early point, but let me know if it shows some potential. Thanks for dropping in if you do. Smile
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my first impression

- Changing "Terms" to "About" might be less confusing as to what the page is for.
- Site is painless to navigate.
- Was a bit confused as to what was going on in page 5, but the story seems easy to follow.
- Your architectural and costuming drawings. Character posing could be a little more dynamic/less awkward and facial anatomy needs some attention.
- Thank you so much for not smooshing your lettering on the word balloons, but watch out for that as the word balloons in the last page seemed cramped.

Keep it up!
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaslittlecrow wrote:
Here's my first impression

- Changing "Terms" to "About" might be less confusing as to what the page is for.
- Site is painless to navigate.
- Was a bit confused as to what was going on in page 5, but the story seems easy to follow.
- Your architectural and costuming drawings. Character posing could be a little more dynamic/less awkward and facial anatomy needs some attention.
- Thank you so much for not smooshing your lettering on the word balloons, but watch out for that as the word balloons in the last page seemed cramped.

Keep it up!

-Terms/ Story& Author were subcategories to "About" which was written above both. I might change "Terms" to something else so it's not so confusing.

-I agree with you on the posing there. It's gotten a bit better in my newer pages(11-20) though.

-I do my word balloons traditionally, so I get the occasional balloon that's too small for the amount of text. It's a pretty easy fix digitally, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks a ton for checking out the site, I'll keep working with things on the site to keep it easy to navigate.
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure.
MGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the comic and the site so far.

Is there any way for you to relocate the Next/Previous page buttons so that they are right below the page? This could potentially become a big issue if you start to get a lot of comments below the page as it would mean the reader has to navigate through all the comments before they get to the Next Page button (unless that's something you want as part of the interactive experience).

Good work! Keep going!
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can try, but it might eventually come down to removing the comment form. It's no prob though, I liked the original setup

[edit]
It was in a popup before I added Disqus
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the comic so far.

The navigation is too far away from comic itself. I had trouble finding it at first. The text gets a bit too small for easy reading at some points.

Keep up the good work!
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure what you mean by too far away, but it prev/next links did go missing somehow. I'm working with that now.
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Mr.Henry wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean by too far away, but it prev/next links did go missing somehow. I'm working with that now.

Put the previous and next links directly under the comic. They're drifting off into space away from the comic right now. Perhaps even make it so you can click on the comic itself and it goes to the next one.
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just set it up so that they appear at the top and bottom. Thanks for all the advice, but I think I'm done tinkering with this for one day.
[Edit]
Comments will now appear below prev/next links when comments are there. Comments normally appear in a popup window when you click the link so it keeps the comments from getting too messy

antleonardi01 wrote:

Put the previous and next links directly under the comic. They're drifting off into space away from the comic right now. Perhaps even make it so you can click on the comic itself and it goes to the next one.

It may or may not have something to do with your current browser. The prev/next location is fine, not exactly drifting into space as you put it.
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighte if you say so.

I read all of the pages just now and I'm pretty impressed with your artistic ability. It feels and reads like a "real" comic book if you know what i mean. Very professional.
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a few changes based on everyone's suggestions, no go on the comment form though. Did manage to enable threaded comments and work around the prev/next issue.
Mr.Mr.Henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's been about a year since I lasted posted, but the site and the artwork have gone through plenty of changes since last time. Check it out!

http://www.thelostlandcomic.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: