TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atheistic humor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Atheistic humor? Reply with quote

Allright, so I have it canceled.

My original intension was to get a collection of comics with an agnostic or atheistic theme, not to produce anything offensive.
If it doesn't work out, better stop it here and now then produce some bitter argument in which I am not interested.

Last edited by Uncle Greedy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and guess that English is not your first language. That's all well and good, but you may want to practice a little more with native speakers before producing English-language work.

Now, to your contest: I'm not usre what internet you've been looking at, but here in the poor old backward United States, there's plenty of content for atheists, agnostics, and the entire plethora of religious and spiritual leanings.

For the record, let me point out that hating Christians doesn't make you an atheist; it makes you a bigot. Atheism is a deeply personal decision based on personal choices and soul-searching.

Based on your comic, I think the reason you have trouble finding that sort of humor is because it isn't funny.
Uncle Greedy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a native speaker and there aren't many around in my surrounding, so I try to keep in practise in this board.
Some things might be misunderstood here.
I do not say that the USA is backwarded, but there are actually places and organisations there that burn books for religious reasons and some really fundamentalistic groups, and I am speaking of them, not the americans in general.
Although I do not hate christians, nor am I looking for works that simply state hating christs or other religions. (That was what I was supposing in the drawing, making a difference between atheism and bigotism.)
And I have seen some comics which are not bigot and which I like (i have seen some good parodies of Jack Chick), but I would like to see some of them here.
JakobVirgil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love jack chick he is one of my biggest influences.

http://beth-aven.blogspot.com/2012/02/problem-two-of-several.html
is about belief.
most of my comics are about religion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like atheistic jokes. I make them occasionally on my site.

http://www.thefatbunny.com/2012/03/310-prayer.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Jams and competitions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: