TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Background Artist using GIMP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raines80

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Looking for Background Artist using GIMP Reply with quote

I am currently running a blog/comic. I am looking for someone who can create backgrounds for the comic. Currently I am not making much money off the comic (9.45 off of adsense) but if I can get the comic looking good then readers will follow.

Here is an example. I am terrible at background art.

the site is located at www.timetorant.com

please reply in this thread if you can help.
Metruis
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Try Project Wonderful ads? Adsense seems to be better if you have a larger audience but not very good otherwise.)

I thought of volunteering even though I'm not a GIMP artist, but I genuinely don't think "better backgrounds" is what you need, since you have a gag-a-day comic your readership isn't going to care if the backdrops are photoreal. You can get away with gradients and even flat colors. Hate to break it to you but it's going to be the writing that'll make or break your style of comic.

And I don't think you're that bad at background art. In fact, it meshes very nicely with your character art. I think more detailed backgrounds would clash. What you ought to do is tighten up your shading. Don't use the smudge tool to shade. Use a lower opacity brush instead if you don't have a tablet.

Though, if you ever need any pretty landscapes feel free to hit me up. I specialize in exteriors and landscapes and things. Not really the sort of background you're looking for, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another example of the work... still could use a background artist...

www.timetorant.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The Dogpile All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum