TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your first comic?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlmx-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Your first comic? Reply with quote

I thought this might spark some interesting discussion, so here goes...

Some of us have been drawing our entire lives, some of us are just starting out. We all have one thing in common, though...we all started somewhere - whether from fan comics of our favourite characters, or original concepts right off the top of our heads...

What was the first comic you ever attempted to draw? And how old were you? Smile
rylearron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always doodled, as a kid, but the first time I remember drawing an actual comic with a plot was when I was ten. It was a Sonic the Hedgehog comic when he was at the height of his popularity when Sonic 3 first came out.
lexia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm..... I made up a super hero and drew that comic. I forgot the name tho but I do still have the comic in storage... I was around.... 10 I think ><
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: DAFT LIKE A FOX Reply with quote

I drew my first when I was twelve. The principal protagonist was a fox who wore a magical helmet that allowed him to defend the world against an evil alien and other miscellaneous menaces. Man, it was daft.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, God. I actually didn't draw comics that obsessively, but there was a few I made when I was eight. They were about two sentient black holes that wandered around the garden eating chickweed and talking to woodlice.
I remember this mainly because my Mum still has them ...

iaviv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earliest I remember is a Ninja Turtles comic. It was two pages and pfffft the first one was numbered 40, the second one was 41 (if you can't read the comics in the links it just means you can't read Hebrew or just Hebrew written by a weird child with ugly handwriting... either way you're not missing much). I never did more, that was it. Who knows what happened in #1-39...
I still have these but there's no date or anything. I should have been about 7 or 8, something like that.
Skyeboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Great topic!! I think my first comic was about a superhero from ancient Egypt. I had a fascination about Egypt as a kid. Here's the original drawing I did when I was about 10yrs old. Below that is the more recent version I did a few years ago. My skills improved a bit since the original Very Happy . I really want to do a full comic series but just don't have the time with all the other things I have on the go!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack & Bill, who were some sort of (American?) detectives I guess, around the mature age of eight or nine. Great plots, like catching a criminal who made a minor mistake of leaving his flamethrower at the crime scene... with a sticker with his name, Roger Taylor. Most likely comes from Moore and Elizabeth, not the British drummer. Or the other British drummer. Or any drummer.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DAFT LIKE A FOX Reply with quote

Cope wrote:
I drew my first when I was twelve. The principal protagonist was a fox who wore a magical helmet that allowed him to defend the world against an evil alien and other miscellaneous menaces. Man, it was daft.

I think you should revisit the concept.
It sounds awesome. : D

I don't have the slightest clue what my first comic would have been. I've always like drawing and writing (making stuff up) and my memory is incredibly unreliable when I try and think back that far.

Blog
LukeSurl
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some comic strips I drew pretty much with felt pens when I was 13 or so which are currently in my parents' attic somewhere.
Otherwise:
is the first thing I drew and put online about six years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: DAFT LIKE A FOX Reply with quote

wendyw wrote:
Cope wrote:

I think you should revisit the concept.
It sounds awesome. : D

I strongly agree. It's a wicked concept!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, I can't recall the FIRST one but as long as I could remember. I think the first one I named was Demon Gate, the main character for some reason wore armor suspiciously similar to Chaz from Phantasy Star IV.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I started the topic, I'll add mine...

I was around five when I drew my first comic, and it was called Super Duck. It wasn't really a "comic" so much as a picture book with word balloons, but it sorta counts. I'm quite certain I was inspired by the Archie Super Duck comic described on this page. (This is only half-remembered, mind you, since I never actually owned this comic - it's definitely from the right time period, though...)

After that I went on to copy Sonic the Hedgehog comics endlessly. I had a Sonic knock-off character called "Arcade the Lizard." He had this ridiculous hairdo that literally looked like a giant orange comb sitting on top of his head. Laughing
ewomack
Grand prize winner!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not remember...
Wild Horse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Horse. Seriously. Never had an urge to draw anything growing up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: