TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fathead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastbro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do. Smile
JakobVirgil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice get more up.
-Jake

CoinOperatedGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them Very Happy. I love the randomness of the humor. Also, nice and clean art style. Good work imho.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I was like "huh?" But then, I was like "heh". It got better the further I read. I like that it's it's simple and makes me smile. I just hope you can keep up a five day a week schedule. I've tried before, and burned out fairly quickly. Good luck!

Fastbro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your feedback guys! ^_^
Fastbro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! Fathead recently smashed the 40 barrier comics-wise. So there hasn't been a better time to check it out!http://fatheadcomic.com
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your jokes are really hit or miss for me, but a few of them really did make me smile. Theres a lot more good here than bad. Keep it up dude.
conceptualleaf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the strips are pretty charming, (I think this might be due to the art style you chose to employ), and this makes even the less funny ones still likable.

Regarding the comedy, I think the funniest ones are the ones where the reader gets a genuine surprise at the end, like this one http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/39 Now, I suppose your style of humor is really oriented towards these surprise resolutions which come at the last panel but for me, this particular strip is right at the sweet spot when it comes to the continuum of being too unexpected (http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/4) or predictable (http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/21).
vaslittlecrow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sense of humor is not quite to my personal taste, but the drawings are sure charming! Keep up the good work.
antleonardi01

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend more time making the jokes appeal to a larger amount of people IMO. Like I said, I really did like a couple of them, but a few of them just fell flat. Your style of drawing has a really endearing quality to it. This is a pretty good comic and I think that once you get the jokes to appeal to more people it'll be a great success.

Also your site's design is a bit sloppy and could use some cleaning up.
Fastbro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your jokes are really hit or miss for me, but a few of them really did make me smile. Theres a lot more good here than bad. Keep it up dude.

Thanks! It really makes feel warm inside when someone says my comic made them smile. Smile

Quote:
Most of the strips are pretty charming, (I think this might be due to the art style you chose to employ), and this makes even the less funny ones still likable.

Regarding the comedy, I think the funniest ones are the ones where the reader gets a genuine surprise at the end, like this one http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/39 Now, I suppose your style of humor is really oriented towards these surprise resolutions which come at the last panel but for me, this particular strip is right at the sweet spot when it comes to the continuum of being too unexpected (http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/4) or predictable (http://fathead.thecomicseries.com/comics/21).

Thank you. It's good to know that surprises fair well, I definitely bare that it mind for the future. I think the strip has evolved a bit since the early ones like number 4. (I groan when I read some of then DX) But yeah, this was helpful, your feedback is appreciated.

Quote:
The sense of humor is not quite to my personal taste, but the drawings are sure charming! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to read it and I'm glad the artwork is working out.

Quote:
Spend more time making the jokes appeal to a larger amount of people IMO. Like I said, I really did like a couple of them, but a few of them just fell flat. Your style of drawing has a really endearing quality to it. This is a pretty good comic and I think that once you get the jokes to appeal to more people it'll be a great success.

Also your site's design is a bit sloppy and could use some cleaning up.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I kinda find it hard to make jokes to appeal to as many people as possible. I've always been told to draw what I find funny, so I normally stick to that. Although I always take note of reader responses to find out what works and what doesn't. ^_^ I'm glad you enjoy the art, feedback on other sites didn't really feature anything about the it so I'm glad it's working!

Again, thankyouthankyou for your replies!
HamsterRage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the jokes and style are really great. I'm a fan. Keep doing it!
Fastbro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks HamsterRage!
Fastbro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Me again! There's over 65 comics!

Here's a little selection:

Fastbro

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Fathead is hitting 100 comics tomorrow, so I thought I'd give it another shout-out here. Here's some recent comics to persuade you to check out the site.

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: