TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insane Romance From Hell!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you've been on my list for a little while, ElnJJ - I just need a good opportunity to to sit through and thouroughly review your work. I've got a bunch of comics I want to write up; I just haven't had as many opportunities to do it as I'd like to due to an intense school workload; my work ethic is to be fair and thorough, and that takes time. I read through a hell of a lot of Thinking Ape Blues to do that review. I can't help it; I'm a completist. Wink
motty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought. I quite liked this, and I wanted to chime in with a point about the business with having some words in bold throughout the dialogue. That might jar for a reader who had never read the original DC / Marvel superhero comics that this comic is a clever riff on, but actually, they did (do?) that bold thing all the time. In a sense, it's quite right to do so here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motty wrote:
Just a thought. I quite liked this, and I wanted to chime in with a point about the business with having some words in bold throughout the dialogue. That might jar for a reader who had never read the original DC / Marvel superhero comics that this comic is a clever riff on, but actually, they did (do?) that bold thing all the time. In a sense, it's quite right to do so here.

Thanks for pointing that out. That was also part of the thought process. (I swear!) And thanks for checking out the strip, too.
Brock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Not A Shameless Bump Reply with quote

This is not a shameless bump, but a bid for ElnJJ's attention.

ElnJJ, I've sent you a PM and an email about all this--did you get either one? Please let me know.
Sean C

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me long enough, but I finally got the review done.

Way of the Geek article
http://wayofthegeek.org/main_story/263_the-superfogeys-by-brock-heasley.html

Mirror in the Bomb Shelter Comics Newbie Spotlight Section
http://www.bombsheltercomics.com/board/index.php?topic=667.0
Brock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Sean! What a great write-up. You're far too generous with your praise.

You made me laugh, too. Your description of Spy Gal is a keeper. It just sounded so absurd written into one sentence like that.

Thanks again!

And...you'll be pleased to know that this thread has prompted a site update to Pixelstrips so easier navigation should be forthcoming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: