TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about the site...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyz63

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Questions about the site... Reply with quote

Hi all I am new to TWCL and I have a few questions before I get started going through the various comic strips on the site...

1.) Is there a place on the forum to introduce yourself?

2.) Do you offer daily email of strips?

3.) Do you allow/want links from other comic strip sites (web or daily newspaper)?

About me: I'm Tony, comic collector since the mid 70s (DC started me off). I love alot of different kinds of music and have a broad range for movies/tv as well. I have Cerebral Palsy since birth so walk with cane/crutches. The easiest way to get on my bad side is to feel sorry for me. I am able to walk and get around pretty easily. Even in the snowy winters of Pennsylvania! I'm a Christian but also drink and swear. (Nobody's perfect!)

Anything else you want to know just feel free to ask... Either through here or my email.

The site looks like fun! Time to go exploring!

Tony
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tony! I'm just a poster, so my answers are unofficial, but I think I can answer your questions.

1) Popping up in the general forum and saying, "Hi," is the way it's usually done, although posting in the Dogpile Forum with an arrogant demand for free labor is also popular.

2) TWCL doesn't e-mail comics (to my knowledge), but they do have a pretty snazzy spider that tracks updates of webcomics pretty quickly (considering it tracks tens of thousands of them).

3) The main site is a webcomic tracking service, and a large number of the comics listed are newspaper comics with a web presence. Here in the forum, the Check Out My Comic Forum is a place where comic authors can go, post links tot heir comic, and receive critiques. To my knowledge, since TWCL is a free site/service, Ash prefers that the actual author (or copyright holder) posts his/her comic on the List and in the COMC forum.

4) You didn't ask this, but everyone eventually does: Webcomic rankings are agregated by an arcane formula known only by Ash and the President of Qatar. A team of Lichtensteinian mathematicians did determine that the formula considers update frequency and number of outlinks from this site. Shortly thereafter, they all disappeared in an "accident" involving a particle accelerator and a swarm of Uruguayan murderbats.
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony. : )

I'm one of the forum admins here. Not the main one - that's oppernaR. He's not about that much though.

As for your questions, I think Casual Notice covered everything pretty much. Of course he's exaggerating about number four. Three Uruguayan murderbats hardly count as a swarm.

Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: