TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Anne McCaffrey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBROtomo
Awarded one cookie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: OT: Anne McCaffrey Reply with quote

Hey guys, it's been awhile! For those who are sci-fi afficianados like myself, Anne McCaffrey, writer of the famed Pern series passed away last week. She is by far my favorite author, and I know I wouldn't be writing words down without her. Not sure if folk here really are into the same sort of books, but figure it can't hurt to try to serve her memory everywhere I hang out.

My friend Hans wrote a little piece for her in the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hans-van-der-boom/anne-mccaffrey-an-appreciation_b_1110988.html

I had a wonderful personal experience with her several years ago, and was pleasantly shocked at how responsive a famous writer was to a teenaged fan.

For those of you looking for reading material, I suggest Dragonflight or The Crystal Singer.

A hero and villain in love. Updates Wednesdays.
Casual Notice
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's sad news. I hadn't realized she wrote 22 books in her Dragonriders of Pern series! Boy, I would have some catching up to do. :D
Awarded one cookie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
Ah, that's sad news. I hadn't realized she wrote 22 books in her Dragonriders of Pern series! Boy, I would have some catching up to do. Very Happy

Hmm...I thought it was more than that. I might be counting my "Atlas of Pern" "People of Pern" and "Dragonlovers Guide to Pern" though. I'm just a slightly big fan ><

Our society is losing our great authors, I feel like. :/

A hero and villain in love. Updates Wednesdays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: