TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Pest Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richtoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Space Pest Removal Reply with quote

Space Pest Removal
This is an all-ages strip about two Aliens, Strad and Pelet , who go about their daily lives as pest control workers.

SpacePestRemoval.com

TWLC Profile

Richtoon
SpacePestRemoval.com
Blog
Richtoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reached 100th strip Reply with quote

Yay! I've reached a 100 strips! I haven't missed an update yet.
Hope you can check it out.

Back to super stealth lurk mode.

Richtoon
http://spacepestremoval.com
dpat57
Ich bin ein webcomicker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good clean fun, I like your style, it's clean and colorful. Reading your archives left me a bit brain-damaged Smile but it's the kind of gentle humor that probably isn't made to be overdosed on, so no worries. Congrats on reaching 100, here's to the next 100!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey, dpat57

Thanks for replying.... and better still, surviving the archive. This is my first webcomic and while I feel relatively comfortable with the art side of things, I still have lots to learn about pacing and story telling.

There is still a bit of a buffer to go through, but once that is done, I hope to put Strad and Pelet through a bit more character development, plot driven stuff and be a bit more story driven. Kind of like a season 2 revamp.

At the moment, I am just enjoying the process and learning.

Thanks again for the visit.

Richtoon
http://SpacePestRemoval.com
Blackfly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're clearly a very talented artist. The drawing and colors are very appealing, and I like the way you manage to close each strip with a gag/climax even though it is a continuing story.

Suggestions for improvement:
You might want to vary the line weights for the main characters, depending on distance, etc. The constant line weights rob the drawings of depth and make them a bit flat.

You way want to install a nicer commenting system like Disqus.

I like the clean, simple layout and easy navigation. However, that bright purple is a little strong. Maybe a a quieter background color?

www.blackflycomic.com
Richtoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Motmaitre

Wow ! Thanks for the compliments on the art. I've made the switch to Disqus. Thanks for that tip.

I am still mastering inking. You will see a slow evolution to the line weight due to the buffer. So stay tuned for that.

I had just hired someone for the site redesign.. so the background colour change might take a while. I am going to have to figure that one out myself.

Thanks for the tips. They were all very constructive and useful.

Richtoon
http://spacepestremoval.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: