TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LadyStar - A Magical and Mysterious Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladystar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: LadyStar - A Magical and Mysterious Adventure Reply with quote

Greetings all! Cool

We'd like to invite you to visit the Magical and Mysterious World of LadyStar. We're doing something sort of unique. Actually several somethings that are sort of unique.

Our site is a combination fiction blog and web comic. Our comics are actually blog articles, which gives us the best of both formats. We update several times each week with answers to e-mail, features and special events and chapters from our story series. We currently have over 400 pages (70,000 words) of original fiction published, including excerpts from books three and four of our series Call of the Huntress and Winterdancer.

We just completed publishing The Palace in the Sky, which is an 18-chapter novel, and the second book in our story series. We're now re-publishing our first book, The Dreamspeaker, which is an adaptation of our popular LadyStar Visual Novel, and the introduction to the story of the Ajan Warriors.

Our site also has complete information on many of our characters, and the Hall of Warriors with detailed information about the Ajan Warriors and their battle powers.

Comments and critiques are most welcome! Smile

A member of Palace in the Sky
GingerDead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is this a comic? the chapters are all written word with no artwork. there's nothing wrong with online literature, of course. but, it's hard to comment or crit on a comic when there doesn't seem to be one.

yay, for writing adventure stories geared towards girls though. i hope they are strong characters that don't need rescuing by stupid boys. Razz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how is this a comic?

Well, the blog entries where the characters talk back and forth is more of our "comic." We tried drawn pages a few times before and even had a full-color Visual Novel (music, animation, menus, etc.) in Adobe Flash MX, but the problem is it made us totally invisible to search engines.

Now with the blog we have much better search engine traffic and we still get a lot of return visits just from people who have already read the story, but want to see the character updates.

It has illustrated characters, dialogue, a little humor here and there and its updated several times a week. Is it a webcomic? Or is it a blog? Or is it both?

Quote:
yay, for writing adventure stories geared towards girls though.

^_^ In this particular category, we do seem to be doing something somewhat unique. I wish we had more competition because it would give us more sites to exchange links with.

Quote:
i hope they are strong characters that don't need rescuing by stupid boys.

Allow me to refer you to the first chapter of The Dreamspeaker, and the excerpts from Call of the Huntress and Winterdancer. I'll leave it to you to decide whether they need to be "rescued." lol Wink

GingerDead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an online novel and a blog with heads. Very Happy i see in the other threads you are looking for an artist to illustrate the story. happy hunting!

the flash thing sounds awesome. seems a pity not to have a link to that off your site. it must have been a ton of work to have it developed.

as for girls that dont need saving... *high five*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it's an online novel and a blog with heads.

To be absolutely honest, when people ask I have absolutely no idea what to call it, but those blog entries are without doubt THE most popular feature of any of the five major sites we've done for LadyStar. The characters could be discussing the price of transmission parts for a 1974 Buick, and every update would still double our traffic for the day. Smile

Quote:
i see in the other threads you are looking for an artist to illustrate the story. happy hunting!

Yeah I'm looking for an iron box filled with gold coins too. Rolling Eyes lol

Quote:
as for girls that dont need saving... *high five*

Smile When people hear "girls who fight monsters" we get a lot of "oh do they use magic wands?" Then I explain the Warrior of the Storms wears plate armor, is armed with an 18 pound barbed warhammer made of silver and that her primary offensive attack causes an explosive shockwave of lightning and sonic energy that can split a four-inch-thick iron door in half.

Needless to say that usually concludes the sarcastic questions about magic wands. Then we move on to the Warrior of the Night and her 300 lb. cougar... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: