TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to find old webcomic

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Am I crazy?
No, I remember it too.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Probably not. Sounds like something someone would make.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Unless proven otherwise. Why would someone make a D&D sprite comic with FF characters?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

tsftd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Trying to find old webcomic Reply with quote

I'm trying to look up a webcomic I remember reading many years back. If i had to guess, i'd say about 6-7 years ago. I don't know how long it ran, though seeing as i remember it, I'd say at least 100 strips.

I believe it had sprite-based art, though im not positive if it was "pixel art" or "sprite art" per se. I also seem to remember it being final fantasy art, however the plot was a group of friends playing a pen-and-paper RPG, probably dungeons and dragons. I think it had a name similar to 8-bit theatre, which is why im having such a hard time remembering it -- but don't hold me to that.

I know that's not a WHOLE lot to go on, but the thing I remember most vividly was a few magic:the gathering parody cards that ran as filler strips, based on various characters. JT the Pizza Guy let you tap it to kick someone in the nuts, and Nanor the Bananoo was a 0-cost artifact that let you sack it to win the game. I think another one was Jen (or something like that) who was a blue wizard, but I'm positive on the JT the Pizza Guy and Nanor the Bananoo stuff.

Unfortunately, hours spent googling those terms, google image searches, and hours trolling various lists of webcomics listed under "sprite art", "pixel art", Final Fantasy, and D&D has turned up nothing. it's entirely possible that it's no longer around, but with the name maybe I could find an archive, and worst case, I could stop wracking my brain for a name.

any help is appreciated, even if it's just confirmation that I am indeed not insane and such a webcomic did at one point exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: