TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Original Artist Bag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendyw
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: The Original Artist Bag Reply with quote

*Clears throat*

Hello.
What do you think of this thing?

Do you think it's funky? Do you think you could use one?
Would you consider buying one?

If so, check this out!

Designed by JJ Sandee of The House of Madness, Shazram and Nismorack.com, made in the UK and shipped out across the world by me and Jess.

We've had a few prototypes made and one small production run, which we've sold a few of, but they've been a bit on the expensive side, so we're trying to raise funds to do a full production run of them, which means we can actually sell them at a price more than a few people can afford.

If you like the idea check out the link (here it is again) and send it the way of other people.

If you have any questions then just ask here. : )

Blog

Last edited by wendyw on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I think it's funky? Well... I think it could be useful, yes.

Do I think I could use one? I suppose I could if I was carrying a lot of pencils and bits and pieces around.

Would I consider buying one? No, to me it's pretty well a fancy pencil case, but that's me. If I carry my drawing bits and pieces around with me it's in the front pocket of my teaching bag. Smile

I could see those more... well... I'll say 'committed'... to their art and comic work would find a lot more use out of it, but by the looks of it it appears to be a little on the expensive side for what I would consider a fancy pencil case. Smile

I also wish you all the best with making a run of this because there will be a market for something like this.

I'm too laid back, maybe, to be that market though. Smile
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's neat! I wouldn't use one because I don't work on the go, and anyway I don't have that many supplies to carry around. But it looks handy and well-made, and I like the shiny black appearance.

A quick search of my local art supply store's site showed that there are similar things out there, but not quite as sexy looking perhaps!

You might want to make the crowdfunder link a little more prominent there--I had to scan over your post a few times to spot it!
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Just saw the skyscraper ad for it on Zorphbert & Fred. :D
The Bomb-diggity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's one of those things that really require that you've got a lot of stuff you're going to want to carry around with you.

I have one myself, obviously, which I take with me occasionally. If I'm off drawing pages for the comic where I'm not going to have internet access I'll pack in the inks for a few previous pages for reference, a notebook, ruler, circle tool, plus pens and pencils and in case I finish everything I've got to draw, something to read as well.

If you've got a lot to carry about it is a very useful bag, but, yeah, it really depends on how much you carry around with you.

Regarding there being similar products out there, there are, but we've done our research and I think there's enough of a difference between our bag and the existing ones. We know it's not a unique idea, but hopefully it's a unique enough design.

smbhax.com wrote:
Ah! Just saw the skyscraper ad for it on Zorphbert & Fred. Very Happy

Cool. Do you think the ad looks good?
The ad designs are one of the things I did and I'd quite like to know what you think of it.

Oh, yes, and I've changed my first post to make the link more obvious. : )

Blog
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't bad! I can't remember it perfectly now but I think I thought that the fonts could maybe have been made a little more legible and integrated a little more with the background.

Hm also I suppose a case could be made for having the photo of the bag at the very top, and then whatever words you need below it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: