TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Comic Book you've ever read?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TWCL Forum Index -> The Archive Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockstarzdaddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: First Comic Book you've ever read? Reply with quote

What was your first?My first 2 were a Star Wars adaptation and an Incredible Hulk one with Rhino and the Abomination.It had a record too. Mr. Green
dlmx-13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain it was Archie's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #26.

But the one that made me decide that I wanted to draw comics for the rest of my life was Sonic the Hedgehog #0 (also from Archie).
n9uxu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure I read many comics as a wee lab, but it was X-Men #162 back in Junior High that brought me into the world of comics!

Dave

Also be sure to read ttallan's
dlmx-13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttallan wrote:

The first comic I collected... was Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew (which had crossed over, believe it or not, with the New Teen Titans).

I'm soooo glad to see this get a mention. Very Happy Scott Shaw! is the reason I became an artist. No joke. (He drew that Sonic issue that I mentioned earlier in the thread)

I recently got my hands on a complete run of Captain Carrot. Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to sit down and read them all. Sad
rockstarzdaddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dlmx-13"]
ttallan wrote:

I recently got my hands on a complete run of Captain Carrot. Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to sit down and read them all. Sad

Oh sweet nibblets.That's awesome!! Very Happy
Christian Henry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure these wasn't the first comics I've read, but I recall my dad having a lot of Herb Trimpe and Sal Buscemas Incredible Hulk stuff. They were pretty much the first comics I got really into. I "read" these even before I actually knew how to read and loved them. My dad has always owned quite a collection of all kinds of comics, so comics has always been in close proximity.
James Sawatsky
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the first comic. Possibly Richie Rich or Archie. Something along those lines.

The first comic I remember reading and thinking "Wow! this is cool!" was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #9.
Clint Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story behind Dennis the Menace is odder than you think. Check out entry #3: http://www.cracked.com/article_18788_the-5-most-mind-blowing-coincidences-all-time.html

Not sure about the Beano connection, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the comics that came with the newspaper. "Los Monos" was the name of the separated issue of the sundays.
jayemcohen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In middle school 'Bone' introduced me to the magical world of graphic novels. At that point I devoured as many graphic novels and indie comics I could find. Jeff Lemire, Paul Pope, Jeff Smith, Charles Burns, Scott McCloud; I was hooked.

Kirby Miller SK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first comic I recall reading was a Green Arrow in the mid to late 80's when I was in grade school. I don't remember the details but I remember GA got all strung out and turned into a junkie. I thought it was cool because it had cursing in it. Very Happy

http://kirbymillerserialkiller.com
CoinOperatedGirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probable Elfquest.. I borrowed them from the local library XD
http://www.elfquest.com/
Traegorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman 473. I was eleven.

I still have it somewhere Razz
Snotnarok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably a Sonic the Hedgehog comic, however I can't say that for sure as I read some Spiderman at the time. The spiderman apparently everyone hates that whole Peter is a clone and the real one is Ben Reily.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first comic I ever read was Calvin and Hobbes. I have a younger brother who would read them to, and we would try to emulate some of the antics that Calvin and Hobbes would get into. Thats a good comic strip for kids to read because they also had concepts and words that I had to look up or ask around for their meaning. I still read C&H to this day.

First superhero comic I can remember reading was the classic Fantastic Four. My uncle, who was a smooth ass player, had a secret nerd side to him. Deep within the shadowy corners of his closet, he kept a few boxes of old Marvel comics. He would let me and my brother read them, but we had to be careful because the comics were in good condition. He would stand over us while we read, "You turnin' the pages wrong! Turn 'em slow!"

Shortly after that, I got into Giant Sized X-Men, which had the second iteration of the X-men team; Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Sunfire. That was the volume that had the X-Men fighting some giant, sentient island called "Craka-Toa". I would stay up all night reading comics and day-dreaming about being in the X-Men, and what powers I would have. When you think about it, being an X-Man is pretty awesome; cool gym membership (The Danger Room), you get to live in a mansion, a crazy costume, fly around in the Blackbird, and you got to hang around hot chicks ALL DAY. Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, White Queen, etc. Nice.

Anyway, I got off topic a bit. X-Men and Fantastic Four where the first comics I ever got into.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TWCL Forum Index -> The Archive Room All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: