TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HBC-Highschool Brawling Club Manga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebeccaDell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: HBC-Highschool Brawling Club Manga Reply with quote

Razz
I FINISHED MY ONLINE MANGA RELEASE YAY!
I'm asking a favor! My dream of writting an online manga/comic is in it's official release stage and If you enjoy looking at that sort of thing PLEASE pass this on to anyone you know similar. I really hope you enjoy it! I have it also just being added to this site, so if you read it please rank it! Be gentle with me though k? I'm a girl, so likely I'm a little more sensative right? *grins* Oh baby, it's finaly done! Phew! Building that site and using flash ... I've never done it before...but it's finaly here, phew.
*passes out*

http://www.bluehairmanga.com/HighschoolBrawlingClub/index.html
Aarin
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: HBC-Highschool Brawling Club Manga Reply with quote

RebeccaDell wrote:
I'm a girl, so likely I'm a little more sensative right? *grins*

Bullshit. Do you know how many active female webcomic artists their are? You will recieve equal torching. Equal rights, right?

Especially if you're doing Shonen.

A. Your navigation buttons are too subtle. You can fix that by making them red (keeping w/ your color scheme) or making them bigger.

B. Your art is tight. I like it; the detail and 'backgrounds' are well-done. It looks polished.

C. I skipped all they way through 20 waiting for the action. I hope there's action. It is a fighting mangu, correct?

So all in all, it looks promising. Your webdesign is attractive and solid (other than that nav button thing). It's also smart to roll it out with 20-at-once, though you better hook some action in sooner rather than later. The art and dialogue are good enough.

Just make sure you have a clear and unique direction for this or you're simply another fighting mangu in the world. I already have 3 fav'd.

Thrill me into fav'ing yours--it's not too late.
RebeccaDell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiesty. I was joking, most mangaka I read are female...and YES there will be fighting, I didn't call it Brawling Club for nothing. Bare with me as we get to the things you look forward to, I'll win you over ;p I have a very clear direction for thsi story and I take pride in my sotry telling ability...this is my first manga so it'll just take working the kinks to get the ability of telling and the orchestration to come together. THANK you very very much for your praise though!! I also plan to fix that navigation button, promise! Also now that the first 20 are out would you recommend more releases with less pages or less releases with more pages? I was planing to release around 3 pages a week. (More If i can). Keep in mind thsi Manga will also have drama and real life stuff going on too, but i hope you look forward to that as well.
Aarin
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. It's always great to see someone so enthusiastic about their project.

As far as release schedule goes, keep it:

A. Dependable.

B. With consistant quality.

C. In a timeframe you can manage.

So in other words, don't promise more than you can offer.

3x a week is great if you can keep the quality up. 2x or 1x is also good enough as long as your readers can depend on your updates. The more updates you have, the more your readers return, so if you can manage 3, that's the sweet-spot. If you think you might need a break to recharge no and then, go for 2 and build ahead.
RebeccaDell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just so people know, i fixed the navigation button, it's big and full of clickable goodness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: