TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An LGBT Hipster Series - And To Be Loved
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: An LGBT Hipster Series - And To Be Loved Reply with quote

After lots of work, my webcomic has finally been launched. Now I can breathe. And...write more. Please check it out!

Last edited by AndToBeLoved on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like how you drew the supermarket in the latest strip. And while I normally detest yellow, that dark yellow site background you have really works to give the site a unique look--and somehow I don't find myself hating it at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks! I'm pretty stoked that you replied, actually, as I just bookmarked smbha* last week. Your flyer at ComiCon caught my eye, and is one of the few I grabbed. (Probably due to the black and white.) In any case, I'm definitely a new fan!
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! I wasn't sure how those flyers did, so thanks for the feedback. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before that you might want to edit the first post and put the title of your comic in the thread title, since "Webcomic Launch" could be almost every thread on this board!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The look of the website does work really well. I agree with smbhax.com, it's not a color choice that I would immediately think works well... but you made it happen!

I've enjoyed the stories in chapters 1 and 2 so far and plan to follow along as you develop more strips. I like that some of the strips have a great amount of detail (like the grocery store aisle or outside the cafe) and others focus on the characters and dialogue against a white washed background.

Keep at it!
AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smbhax.com wrote:
Sweet! I wasn't sure how those flyers did, so thanks for the feedback. Smile

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before that you might want to edit the first post and put the title of your comic in the thread title, since "Webcomic Launch" could be almost every thread on this board!

Good suggestion! I'm new to this whole thing. Smile How does one go about editing a post? I can't see an edit option anywhere...
AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bykesta wrote:
The look of the website does work really well. I agree with smbhax.com, it's not a color choice that I would immediately think works well... but you made it happen!

I've enjoyed the stories in chapters 1 and 2 so far and plan to follow along as you develop more strips. I like that some of the strips have a great amount of detail (like the grocery store aisle or outside the cafe) and others focus on the characters and dialogue against a white washed background.

Keep at it!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad people seem to be responding well to the color choice. I figured since the whole thing is in black and white, I might as well integrate some color somewhere. Thanks for following!
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATBL wrote:
smbhax.com wrote:
Sweet! I wasn't sure how those flyers did, so thanks for the feedback. :)

Good suggestion! I'm new to this whole thing. :) How does one go about editing a post? I can't see an edit option anywhere...

You should have an "Edit" button next to the "Quote" button in the upper-right corner of your first post in the thread.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was another Saturday update (in which R, one of the leading male characters, brings a boy home)!

We will be doing a major redesign for the site within the next two months so keep an eye out for that.

For those of you who have never checkd out A* (see the above posts), take a moment sometime to do so. It's pretty awesome!

AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's update: Thomas is being a naive jack@$$ and R is sick of it.

ATBL is about to go through a HUGE change later this week, so watch out for that!

AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: A Review! Reply with quote

We were given a rather interesting review of our comic the other day. If you like reading reviews, you can check it out here at the site: http://www.andtobeloved.com/archive/glowing-review/
-
smbhax.com
No! Don't post it there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa someone put a lot of work into that :o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow your artwork is fantastic!

I will try to add a link to your comic from mine next time I work on my site.

The one (really nit-picky which means your stuff is pretty great all-around) is the weird photoshop coloring on the guy's blue hair... I found it weirdly distracting, but overall the coloring is really gorgeous!

Great work!
AndToBeLoved

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabin wrote:
Wow your artwork is fantastic!

I will try to add a link to your comic from mine next time I work on my site.

The one (really nit-picky which means your stuff is pretty great all-around) is the weird photoshop coloring on the guy's blue hair... I found it weirdly distracting, but overall the coloring is really gorgeous!

Great work!

Hey, thanks very much! I do what I can. We are currently in the process of redesigning our site and after we're finished we'll link your site as well (hopefully this will happen in about a month or so).

That's funny you mentioned the hair thing, becuase that's the one thing that has been bothering me. I've decided to change the way I do the highlights on Thomas's hair starting on the most recent update which can be seen here: http://www.andtobeloved.com/archive/chapter-eight-page-151/
Gooberandcindy.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your style. Keep up the good work. Smile

http://www.gooberandcindy.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: