TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any reactions on the 2010 awards?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe Robinson
Resident Diet Lawyer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thirtyseven wrote:
And I guess that I am not the only one having these resentments.

This is mirror research. You can't take your own views and extrapolate to other people. Other people aren't you. Other people aren't producing non-traditional comics. Other people have a different view of these things.

I, for one, thought the ceremony was okay. The jokes were fine and while I'd have gone for showing images from the comics themselves (as Wendy did last year), not everyone wants to go that route. Kudos to those who try something different.

thirtyseven wrote:
During these few days (how many where it? Three? Four? I don't know it anymore.) I got 36 new visitors. Since the presentation went up? Only 29 more.

By my point of view because of the promotion for the awards ceremony (the blog entries of the winners and other blogs and websites talking about it, the posts on twitter, facebook etc.) it should be more, shouldn't it?

Not necessarily. Most people who were interested in the awards looked at them on the first few days. For comparison, are my stats from 2010.thewebcomiclistawards.com.

Notice that although my stats are much lower than what you got (I drew a page for the awards ceremony, I wasn't a shortlister) my results also show a significant drop-off after the initial peak, followed by a smaller jump when the rest of the results came up.

thirtyseven wrote:
But I still think that I personally would have been better of without Richard and Vasilios giving one or two hours of their time producing this presentation that looks like it was done in less than 30 minutes...

Okay, that's just mean.

thirtyseven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zoe Robinson"]
thirtyseven wrote:

thirtyseven wrote:
But I still think that I personally would have been better of without Richard and Vasilios giving one or two hours of their time producing this presentation that looks like it was done in less than 30 minutes...

Okay, that's just mean.

Zoe, I guess you're right, it was mean to write it this way. I am sorry, Richard and Vasilios. I should have written it differently but I got carried away. Sorry.

Can we now go back and focus on the good things these awards brought?
Did you found any more reviews on it? Some more positive recognitions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> TWCL Awards All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum