TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quazar:451 (critiques wanted)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briankirby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Quazar:451 (critiques wanted) Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I would like opinions of my webcomic, Quazar:451.

It is a continuing story, and unfortunately, I do not get to work on it as much as I want to.

Still, I would appreciate some feedback, to know if I am on the right track!

http://quazar451.comicgenesis.com

Sydney

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I can't see any of your pictures or artwork on my screen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alien looks just like a duck I used to draw in grade school. If you ever start selling this thing, you owe me royalties. PM me and I'll tell you where to send the checks.

Kidding of course. Smile

I really love the art style. The story is still in its beginning phases so it's hard to comment on it as yet, but it looks like it will be phenominal! Both child-like and mature, which is rare and beautiful. I look forward to seeing more.

briankirby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19013 wrote:
For some reason I can't see any of your pictures or artwork on my screen.

Hmm... the comic is 900 x 1325 (+/-) pixels, and for some reason this makes the nav buttons set at 200 x 200 (comicgenesis/ keenspace can be weird). I know that on screens set to 800x600 resolution, the comic doesn't show up, unless you scroll down.

Ping GlenGoldentree: Glad that you like it.(I think he looks more frog-like, but at least you didn't say he looks like a Ninja Turtle- I have heard that before, mainly by people who don't read comics!).

I want say more about where the story is going- but that would ruin the surprise!

Thje art has changed over the pages- part of a learning curve I guess, but I think it is close to how I want it to look. I have recently stated using Illustrator for the line work, and that really works. Now I need to go back and bring the older pages up to speed!
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. The art is amazing and the story seems to be well paced.

Like it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad too see good comments- especially from people I don't know, it lets me know that I am on the right track. It is impossible for me to be objective about something that I spend so much time on.

Sydney
Thinking Ape

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I detecting a bit of a Vaughn Bode influence? Not that that's a bad thing in the slightest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm... pretty.

Definately interresting - I'll bookmark it.

Oh... and good luck with the impending family addition. *smiles*

t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Ape wrote:
Am I detecting a bit of a Vaughn Bode influence? Not that that's a bad thing in the slightest.

Hmm... I hadn't ever seen his work until your post (I googled him- he does have a duck character that kind of looks similar Smile).

Actually, though, 451 is based on a species I designed for a Sci-Fi RPG campaign I ran probably 19 years ago; if I can find one of those drawings, I'll post it on the site. The shading around his eyes, however, is sort of an acknowledgement to Gary Trudeau (Doonesbury) and Cerebus the Aardvark two comics that really influenced the way I look at comics.

The story has been kicking around in my head for about 15 years, I guess- but it has changed some since I started actually writing it (for instance, 451 is not nearly as dour as I originally imagined him).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> The "Check out my comic" forum! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: