TWCL Forum Index TWCL
Forums for The Webcomic List

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24 Hour Comic Jam - 2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fesworks
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: 24 Hour Comic Jam - 2007 Reply with quote

Anyone interested in doing this? Obviously GMT is already at or passed Midnight for the 20th of October, but I'm trowing this in here in case anyone still wants to start it... OR if we just want to do it on a different day.

Case in point, do we want to have any rules? Such as original character only? or at the very least, characters of ours that are not tied to any existing comic (like out avatars for instance).

Other than that, if people want to do this Jam for Oct 20th, 2007, the official 24 Hour Comics Day, then just start, I guess... perhaps best is if we start within 6 hours from now.

The Countdown ends 24 hours from when the first person makes a post saying they are working on the first strip.

After than People can "call" to do the next strip, and so on.

You have one hour to finish and upload a strip. (or at least post and let people know if you need 5 more minutes or something. If the previous person does not post anything, the next person starts where they have left off.

The idea of the 24 Hour Comic is that it is not done in advance. So IM and PM conversations, setting up the next several strips would kinda go against the Jam and 24 Hour Comics.

THESE ARE JUST MY SUGGESTIONS. I am not laying claim to these as "law". Just seeing if people want to start this and laying some ground work to work from/off of.

anyone have any takes?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com
mirz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done anything like this before, so I don't really know what it entails. I'd be willing to do a strip in the rotation. Can it be in my comic's style, or do I need something else? Again, I'm showing my noob-ness here.
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic Jams are a lot like musical jams. Each artist inserts their own style and ideas into each one while trying to contribute to the quality of the whole. Look at the Seedy Comicker Bars Jam. I think at least 10 different artists have contributed art/story to the jam, all with wildly divergent styles and ideas as to where it should go.
fesworks
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual Notice wrote:
Comic Jams are a lot like musical jams. Each artist inserts their own style and ideas into each one while trying to contribute to the quality of the whole. Look at the Seedy Comicker Bars Jam. I think at least 10 different artists have contributed art/story to the jam, all with wildly divergent styles and ideas as to where it should go.

http://fesandernst.com/TWCL/IC/contributers.htm

actually, at least 30 different artists have at least submitted one strip, and I think the heavy contributers are about half of that.

Anyway, it looks like this Jam might be best set up for a different day. We can start up a 24 point list then for people to sign up.

The way This Jam will work will be like what CN said. Kinda Round Robin style, story telling. No planning, just pick up from where the last comic ends. I'm good for most anything to happen between a Tuesday and a Thursday for all 24 hours. Weekends, I'll be available for what would probably be the 2nd half or last third. Mondays would be right out (for me).

So, for those interested, any coming day and night look open enough to set, before we make a sign up list?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com
mirz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weekdays are generally better for me. I get up at 4am every morning to work on my web/art stuff, so I can take one of those early morning hours. So, I'm in. Razz
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that this is running as a 12AM-12AM thing in some American time-zone, that'd roughly equate to 6PM-6PM for me, which means I'd be able to do one of the earlier ones (3rd or 4th, probably). Any day except Friday (i.e. Thursday/Friday GMT) works for me.

Edit: Seems some people prefer 12PM-12PM for this sort of thing (6AM-6AM for me), which would mean I'd have to do something a bit later, around 15th or 16th.

Last edited by Traitorfish on Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Animania1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm allowed to take days off school for stuff to help me learn so I'm totally down for being a part of this. I like YIM's multi person chat thingy but I'm thinking a java script online chat thing because pretty well anyone who can go on a forum can access it and its really basic and serves the purpose.

http://www.animania1.ca/Chat.html forgive me for having such a raw chat thingy.... but it works =3

seems its already over... uhm what about some other fairly soon day.
fesworks
Spambot Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread? Not sure what your chat thing has to do with this thread, unless I'm confused.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com
Animania1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fesworks wrote:
wrong thread? Not sure what your chat thing has to do with this thread, unless I'm confused.

well you were talking about having everyone on some sorta chat thing so we could all dibs and call certain positions right after its been posted. atleast thats what I interpreted.
Traitorfish
Postpostpostpostpost!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have a shit load of stuff to do this week, so I can't do Tuesday and Wednesday either. Fucking assessments...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TWCL Forum Index -> Jams and competitions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: