Well, since you asked.
- First comic: "Hi, and welcome to our comic!"
- First comic: "Oh no, we don't have a joke ready!"
- Revenge comic
- Foe art, made and/or received and prominently displayed and fussed over
- Bitter, whiny blog posts
- Bitter, whiny blog posts, including names and links
- Threats to stop making the comic
- Threats to stop making the comic over lack of hits/donations/feedback
- Rivalry with another webcomic/webcomic author/webcomic reviewer
- Imagined rivalry with another webcomic/webcomic author/webcomic reviewer
- Manufactured rivalry with another webcomic/webcomic author/webcomic reviewer for the sake of attention
Casts/Cast members that should not be.
- Video game sprites
- Funny Guy/Straight Man/The Girl triumvirate
- Jesus Christ
- Girl who likes "boy things" (video games, sports, AD&D, sex)
- Harem cast (inexplicably chaste and shy main character and the dozen or so supporting characters sexually preoccupied with them)
- Character that is obviously the author's ideal girlfriend/boyfriend
- Author as a colossal badass
- Character who's primary character trait is "The Gay One."
- Character who's primary character trait is "The Girlfriend."
- Punchline: Violence against anyone who disagrees with the author
- Punchline: "Valid point/You have a point/I see your point."
- Any mention of pirates, ninjas, robots, etc. fighting one another
- Carefully planned and choreographed wackiness ("Spork! I chew your head! LONG LIVE THE MUFFIN LORDS!")
- Sass-mouthed non-human sidekick
- Gags stolen from The Simpsons, Family Guy, or any other mainstream-as-fuck source
Comic? What comic?
- Pin-up/Excuses in place of a real update
- "On Hiatus" for the last two years
- Comic "In development," no pages produced
- Recurring Scene: Playing video games on the couch
- Obvious cut-and-paste
- Panel background: Google Image Search results, run through a Photoshop filter
- Panel background: Video game screenshot
- Panel background: Blank white space, always
- Comic Sans font
- Sound effects that are not actual sounds ("appear," "grin," "leap," etc.)
- Emoticons in word balloons
- Gag comic suddenly turning serious
- Gender swap storyline
- Any storyline about religion ending with a character's conversion to the side the author agrees with
- Sex scene that instantly betrays the author as someone who has obviously never had sex
- Madonna/Whore female characterization
- Comic described as "random" or full of "randomness"
- "Strong female character" = Sociopathic, misandric ball-breaker
- Every character looks exactly the same, apart from hair color/style
Hey. Read my comic.